chapter 6

"we're gonna be late!" mom yells rushing me to put on my heels. layla gives me an annoyed look and i send her an apology look before i quickly slip on my heels and grab my phone. my hair was done in loose curls. my makeup was done a little over the top but still had a natural look to it. my heels were tall and beautiful and then my dress. my dress was beautiful and i smile seeing it in the mirror as i walk to the door.

layla who is kingston's date is right by my side and then mason's date kelsey was behind us talking with cody's girlfriend finley.

the only ones who had seen my dress yet was my parents and now layla and my brother's dates so my brothers were gonna flip when they seen it. i was also a little nervous for colton to see it as well. my stomach was a ball of nerves and i didn't know exactly why, he's just colt.

beautiful colt who i do find attractive and have given my first kiss to. he had never even seen me in anything revealing and this dress wasn't super bad but it was definitely different from my normal, more covered dresses he'd be used to.

"you look amazing! let's go now, hurry hurry." mom rushes and we walk down the hall and to the stairs. i could hear voices coming from the living room and when we make it almost to the bottom i could see all the guys.

they stare and colton smirks. his eyes scanning my outfit. my brothers stare at their dates and then when they notice me they glare.

"what the fuck! mom you approved of this!" mason yells.

"shut up son and get your ass in a car." dad says and mason scoffs.

"now is not the time! we're gonna be late! everyone get in a car." mom yells and rushes everyone out of the house.

"my car or yours?" i ask colt and his smirk never leaves.

"mine, who do you think i am?" he says and we walk to his black 180sx. he opens the door for me and i get in and he closes it and then goes to the driver side. we begin following everyone out of the driveway. "you're gorgeous kingsley, like i'm lost for words right now. i understand completely why your brothers act the way they do now. look at you!"

"shut up colt." i say and he smiles.

"i'm serious! i've known you're beautiful, hell i've told you but you look unreal right now." he gushes.

"stoooop." i drag out and he shakes his head.

"you're about to be the prettiest girl in this entire place. fuck that, you're the most gorgeous girl on this planet." he says.

"how much have you smoked?" i ask and he laughs.

"nothing, i'm completely sober. i always have these thoughts kins i just can't ever voice them because you know, kingston, brothers. we're never normally alone." he shrugs.

"you look good too." i tell him scanning his outfit.

he was wearing a black tight fitted dress shirt that clung to his body like a second skin. it showed his muscular build and i was thankful he didn't have on a suit jacket that would hide him. he had on black dress pants that were honestly a little tight around his thighs but he was muscular so it made sense. he had on a black belt with black socks and black converse. colton wasn't the kind of person to ever dress up so this was the best we were getting and it was definitely working for him. he's beautiful but i can't gush over him like he did me, he'd probably think i'm insane.

when we arrive to the place hosting the gala, which was all the way in knoxville, we go through valet and they open the doors for us. we both get out and colton hands over his keys before walking to me.

"are you comfortable with me wrapping my arm around you?" he asks as two guys open the doors for us.

"yeah that's fine." i tell him and i feel his hand on my waist holding me closer to him. we enter the building into a huge grand entrance, i see the dislike on colton's face but ignore it and lead him to the room. again the doors are opened for us and we enter into the huge ball room. music is playing and people are dancing, there's food and wine and champagne being passed around by waiters and waitresses. there's a full open bar and couches and tables around the room.