chapter 36

i didn't need to look like a runway model. colton's mine and i have nothing to worry about. i didn't need to be the prettiest girl in the room to try and compete with girls for a guy i've already won. he's mine and will never give me a reason to worry. at least that's what i keep telling myself.

i put on a pair of jean shorts and a tight cropped tank top that push up my breast. i slip on my jordan and throw my hair in a ponytail leaving some pieces out to frame my face. i put on mascara and call it a day.

"ready." i tell colton. he stretches his hand out to me and then pulls me to him and kisses me gently.

"you're gorgeous." he says before pulling me out the front door. we get in his car and he drives us to country line. we go through the back and he leads me to his station hand in hand.

when we enter he takes off his bag and then starts changing into the outfit they supplied for him. he puts on the wranglers that hug his ass nicely and i smile as i watch him. he slips on his boots and then buckles the belt. he puts on the flannel that has the sleeves cut off but leaves it unbutton like he's supposed to.

"you should've let me cover the hickeys they probably won't like it." i tell him but he shrugs and puts on deodorant instead.

"i don't care princess. they're from you and it will very clearly show i'm taken. i'm yours and i want everyone to know it." he tells me.

"i love you." i say and kiss him. he smiles as he kisses me back and his hands go to my ass he squeezes it before someone says his name outside the curtain.

"yeah." he says pulling it back.

"on in ten." the guy says and looks at me. "who's this."

"my girlfriend." colton says in a duh tone. i watch the guys eyes go down to my chest before he offers me his hand.

"matthew davis." he holds his head high and smirks down at me like his name means something to me. in my fathers world maybe but not in mine. matthew might be a popular millionaire but i could care less about the hand offered to me.

"kingsley...belenciaga." i say and the guy's eyes go a little wide as he still awkwardly had his hand out to me that i refuse to touch.

"don't try to intimidate her matt, her last name will stand out better than yours ever will." colton warns him.

"these from miss princess over here?" matthew changes the subject and points at the hickeys.

"nah they're from a dog." colton says.

"don't give me attitude kid." matthew tells colton. "those aren't good for business."

"i was meant to be off today and my beautiful girl behind me is the only reason i'm here right now so if there's a problem i'll leave." colton threatens.

"stay morris. finish getting ready." matthew walks away and colton turns to me.

"kiss me." he says and walks closer to me. i kiss him quickly before he slips on the cowboy hat and has to head to the private room. "be safe."

"i will i'm going to corbs." i tell him and kiss him one more time. i go out the employee door and into the main room. i head straight to a bar seat and to corbyn. he was in the middle of a conversation when i arrive so i patiently wait for him to be done talking.

"what are you doing here? where's colton?" he asks looking around.

"colton got called in so he's working currently and i'm gonna stay with you for a few minutes until it's time to go." i tell him. "can i get a water?"

"yeah be right back." corbyn leaves to get me a water and then comes back with two water bottles. "figured i'd already have one ready for colton."

"thank you." i say taking the cap off the water and taking a sip.