chapter 13

(colton's pov)

i wake up absolutely exhausted from only getting a few hours of sleep. i get ready for work and then head downstairs. i grab a redbull from the fridge and then throw a bunch of water into a cooler. i write on the whiteboard and then find some paper and write kingsley a note.

"here's water and meds for when you wake up. i have work so i'll see you this afternoon but you can text me when you wake up. i took off your makeup the best i could i hope i did okay. have a good day sweetheart." -c

i grab another water from the fridge and some headache medicine and go upstairs to kingsley's room. i put the water and medicine next to her bed and then look at her. i move her hair from her face and lean down kissing her head. she smiles in her sleep and leans into my hand slightly opening her eyes. she kisses my wrist gently and closes her eyes back going back to sleep completely.

i smile as i stand up and leave her room going back downstairs. everyone was still asleep for how early it is so i grab my cooler and head off to work.
———
i walk downstairs after my shower and kingston gives me a look as i enter the kitchen. i turn to the fridge and grab a water. we hadn't talked since last night when we got the girls home. i was hoping he wouldn't mention kingsley saying how pretty she thought i was a few times but by his look i knew he would.

i already had a plan though, if he brought it up i would bring up layla sleeping in his room last night. since i was at work i didn't know if kingsley caught layla and kingston this morning when she woke up or get to see how hung over and grumpy they both were.

i open the water i had grabbed and take a drink looking back at kingston. i put the lid on my water and he continues to watch me.

"what dude?" i finally say.

"i'm sorry kingsley kept calling you pretty last night. i don't think she meant to say it and-"

"oh it's fine." i shrug. "she was drunk and i think your sisters beautiful."

"fuck you!" he says and i laugh.

"so, layla? she slept in your bed last night i seen you put her in their." i mention but he shrugs avoiding the topic. "kingston."

"she's incredible. she's beautiful, she's funny, she's-"

"your sisters best friend." i remind him.

"yes but you're my best friend and kingsley apparently thinks your pretty so fair is fair." he smirks.

"she drunkenly said i was pretty, she didn't sleep with me. there's a difference there." i tell him.

"it's not like we fucked, we just slept in the same bed. i don't wanna talk about this no more. when the girls finish getting ready we're going to dinner." kingston says and leaves the room. i glance at the whiteboard on the fridge that says where everyone is.

"eric's" -corbyn

"finley's" -cody

so it's just us.

i head back upstairs and walk passed kingsley's door before pausing. i walk back to it and lean my head against the door to see if i can hear anything. i hear music playing and her beautiful laugh that makes me close my eyes and smile. i wanted to open the door and peak in but i knew i couldn't.

she's just so fucking beautiful and addicting.

i wanted to rush into the room and announce i was here. i wanted to wrap my arms around her and kiss her, hold her...but i can't.

loyalty goes a long way and mine lies with kingston, always...most of the time. i've slipped up, yes, i'll admit that. i've kissed her, i've held her, i've had thoughts way too inappropriate for kingsley to be involved in them but it's happened and i can't change that, but kingston will always have my loyalty. i owe him that for everything he's done for me i should at least respect his one rule.