epilogue

(5 years later, colton's pov)

"colton balenciaga!" i hear kingsley yell from upstairs.

"oh shit." i mumble and my daughter whips her head to me from her spot on the couch.

"that's a bad word daddy." she says.

anastasia is only 3 and she looks just like kingsley. i didn't mean to get kingsley pregnant right after marrying her but she forgot her birth control at home while we were on our honeymoon and the condom apparently broke so my beautiful daughter was created. although completely unexpected and unplanned anastasia is my favorite surprise of my life.

the second she was born my entire life changed forever. as a kid i forgave my mom for leaving, but as a parent i don't understand it. anastasia and kingsley are my world and i couldn't imagine not having either of them.

"i'm sorry baby." i tell her and lean over the back of the couch to place a kiss on her forehead.

i hear footsteps and look at the stairs just as kingsley comes downstairs looking pissed off.

"what's upsetting you my love?" i ask walking towards her.

"daddy said a bad word." anastasia snitches.

"baby!" i yell as kingsley yells "colton."

"do not cuss in front of her!" kingsley scolds.

"i'm sorry love. now what's upsetting you?" i ask her.

"your stupid best friend is getting on my last nerve! tell him he is not using our boat this weekend and is not having any parties on it!" she says and i laugh.

"my stupid best friend happens to be your brother." i say and she rolls her eyes.

"talk to him." she demands and i smile.

"of course love." i mumble and wrap my arms around her as i lean down to kiss her. she instantly smiles and hugs me back as i connect our lips.

"no daddy! no kissing mommy! she's mine!" anastasia yells and i hear her running across the hardwood and then feel her run into mine and kingsley's legs.

i look down at her and she's wrapped herself around kingsley's leg and smiles up at her.

"she's mine." i tease her.

"no! mommy's mine!" she insists and i laugh. i reach down and pick her up but she jumps into kingsley's arms instead.

i fake a hurt expression and act all upset which makes her laugh.

"no i'm sorry." she quickly says and reaches for me but i continue to fake being upset. "daddy!"

i take her front kingsley's arms and notice kingsley's smile as i play with our daughter. i grab anastasia and throw her in the air as she squeals. i catch her and she wraps her arms around me as i kiss her head.

"i love you." she says.

"i love you baby. you and momma are the best things to ever happen to me." i tell her and she smiles kissing my cheek.

"can we play barbie's?" she asks as i set her down.

"of course baby." anastasia grabs mine and kingsley's hands and pulls us to her barbie house and begins handing us barbie's.

my life now consists of playing barbie's and getting my nails painted pink but i'm completely okay with how my life turned out. i may not work construction anymore but i get to spend my days with my beautiful wife and daughter, in a dream home with everything we could ask for. no struggling or worries anymore just pure happiness and i couldn't be more thankful.

life wasn't perfect but it was pretty fucking close and i wouldn't have it any other way. spending everyday with my girls is a dream come true and to think i wouldn't have any of this without meeting kingston, by chance, in kindergarten is crazy.

a/n: thank you so much for reading 'kingsley' i really hope you enjoyed it.