chapter 24

a/n: updating because my best friend keeps hounding me about it

i finish up curling my hair and smile at myself in the mirror. i was pretty, i've never thought i was ugly but that didn't mean i was the prettiest girl on earth. i had no clue what kind of girls worked with colton but tonight i told him i'd go to his show so i have my makeup and hair done and i'm almost ready to go. i leave my room and go to kingston and knock before entering.

"where are you going?" kingston asks but i ignore him.

"i need your help with an outfit." i tell layla and she happily follows me to my room.

"where are you going?" she asks entering my closet.

"to colton's show. i told him i'd be there but now i regret it. i'm so nervous." i say and she gasps.

"and you didn't ask me to come?" she asks and i smile.

"i didn't think kingston would like you going." i say and she rolls her eyes.

"screw him, and wear this." she says walking out of my closet with a pink silk dress in hand. "give me twenty minutes and i'll be ready and we'll go."

she walks to my vanity and begins putting on some makeup as i begin changing. i already knew colton would make a comment about the dress and using the word princess to describe it but i didn't mind.

i change and slip on diamond heels and then a diamond chain and some rings. my nails matched the dress perfectly and i was feeling a lot better now that layla was coming with me.

"how long does it take to chose an outfit?" kingston asks knocking on the door and i open it

"change of plans she's coming with me." i smile and he glares.

"where are you going?" he asks.

"colton's show tonight." i say and spray hairspray to hold the curls in my hair.

"no, neither of y'all are going to that shit." he says.

"don't pull that over protective, male dominate shit with me." layla says putting on mascara.

"and i'm going because i told him i would be there to support him. you can either come or stay here but we're going." i tell him.

"give me ten minutes." he sighs leaving my room.

"take your time i need about twenty!" layla yells and it was obvious he wasn't happy about this but he knew he had lost the fight before it had even started.

colt <3: im a little nervous, are you almskt here
colt <3: *almost

me: i'm about to leave kings and layla are now coming too.
me: ur so nervous you can't even type

colt <3: great now i gotta listen to your brothers shit

me: layla will keep him on a leash

colt <3: she might need a chain

me: she might need to just keep him in a box

colt <3: yeah leave his ass at home

"you're definitely texting colton." layla comments and i stop smiling.

"he's funny." i shrug and she laughs at me.

"alright then. can i borrow a dress?" she asks and i nod going into the closet.

"maybe this?" i suggest and hold up a blue dress.

"that works." she shrugs. "i'm not the one with my boyfriend seductively dancing on stage so i feel like i have to remind him of how pretty i am."

"that is not what's happening." i say and she gives me a look.