chapter 38

"shit!" layla slurs as we trip over each other and spill our bottle of vodka a little bit. we both begin laughing as we sit on the couch we fell into.

we are basically sitting right on top of each other sharing a bottle of vodka in bikini's on my family's boat. life is good right now.

the guys had music blasting through the speakers as they sat around drinking beers and talking. we would occasionally hear a splash in the water and when we looked over to them one of them had thrown the other in.

as we sailed through the lake we passed another pretty big boat but it was full of mostly half naked girls and of course since mason was steering he decided to approach them.

i watch as they notice my brother and begin talking to him. the guys seemed uninterested other than mason of course but then an absolutely beautiful blonde and one of her friends jumped from their boat onto ours and climbed up the ladder to join the area we were on. the blonde girl sits closest to colton as her friend sits next to mason.

i didn't want to be jealous but colton is beautiful and he's currently only in black and red swim tucks so his gorgeous body and tattoos are on full display. he remains quiet for the most part, saying a few things to kingston but then the girl begins trying to talk to him.

i just watch and when she says something and he actually laughs instead of glaring or ignoring her i begin to feel queasy. between the alcohol i've drank, the motion of the boat, and now this overwhelming feeling of jealousy i feel towards that beautiful girl it had became too much. i stand up and walk down the stairs to the lower part of the boat.

i could hear layla following me and once i was out of the heat and in the air conditioning everything hit me at once. i ran to the toilet and puked then i began crying.

"baby, do not cry over that." layla says sitting next to me on the bathroom floor as she pulls my hair into a bun.

"i feel like shit." i mumble holding her back tightly.

"your sea sick and jealous." she states.

"that girl is beautiful-"

"you're beautiful kingsley." layla interrupts me.

"he laughed instead of glaring." i complain.

"babes he is surrounded by your very over protective brothers so he couldn't do anything even if he wanted to. now if he wants to cheat he'll do it and there's nothing you could do to prevent that. if he's gonna be a dick and absolutely destroy the best thing that's happened to him then it's his loss not yours honey. now he's not gonna do anything with her because that boy is so in love with you." she says and i sniffle wiping my eyes. she kisses my forehead and holds me tighter.

"baby?" i hear colton's deep voice say but i don't say anything back. i hear his footsteps approaching the bathroom and then i see him in the door. "what happened?"

he's instantly dropping to the ground in front of me and placing his hand on my cheek and stroking it softly.

"who mad you cry love? what's going on?" his worried eyes leave me and look at layla for an answer.

"i think you two should talk." layla says softly and smiles at me before standing up and leaving the bathroom.

colton pulls me into his chest and looks down at me with so much concern that i feel stupid for ever doubting him.

"who did it? who upset you?" he asks again.

"i got sick." i tell him and he looks in the direction of the toilet. he reached his hand behind me and flushes it before looking back at me.

"are you crying because you threw up?" he asks still confused.

"no." i mumble into his chest and trace his tattoo with my finger.

"talk to me baby. let me fix it. what happened?" he asks.

"i'm sorry." i say and he kisses my head.

"for what beautiful?" he asks.

"for ever doubting you." i say and he smiles.

"you think i want her? the girl who hoped on a boat full of random guys in hopes to fuck one of them? the girl who glared at me when i told her i didn't give a fuck what she thought about the hickeys on my neck put there by my girlfriend?" he says and i look down.

"but you laughed at what she said." i point out.

"no kingston was making fun of what she said and i laughed at him and her facial expressions towards the conversation. she's not you baby so i'm not interested. i don't care who the girl is, she could be megan fox and i'd still want you. i love you and i want a future with you and i'm not about to do anything to dictate that." he kisses my head and i smile.

"i know i just think sometimes i need to be reminded. i love you so much colton." i tell him and he nods.

"you need reassurance and that's fine i can do that love. now come on let's get off this bathroom floor and get your teeth brushed." he slowly stands up, pulling me with him and i brush my teeth. once i'm done he pins me to the bathroom wall by my throat and proceeds to make out with me.

when we finally leave the bathroom we're both breathing heavy and he leads me back outside to where everyone else is. the blonde girl's friend is talking to mason still while the blonde girl impatiently waits to leave with her friend.

when the girl looks at me and colton, i smile knowing he's mine. he wraps his arm around me and kisses my head as we walk right passed the girl. we return to colton's seat and he pulls me into his lap and kisses my shoulder as i lay back against him.

"y'all are disgusting." kingston says and i push his arm. he laughs and scoots more towards layla and away from me and colt. i laugh and feel colton shaking his head behind me.

"we didn't fuck you pervert." colton announces which gains all my other brother's attention too. "i gladly would've though." i roll my eyes as he boyishly smiles.

"mason lets head back." i say and the girls gives me a dirty look.

"don't fucking look at her like that." mason glares.

"she's being rude." the girl complains.

"i don't give a fuck. leave." mason demands and the girls scoffs.

"really?" she asks.

"yes really. you're not gonna be a bitch to my sister." he says.

"take your bitchy friend with you." kingston says and then him and layla burst out laughing. they were definitely drunk or else kingston wouldn't have been bold enough to say that and if he did layla would have yelled at me instead of laughed.

once the girls leave mason begins driving the boat again. colton spent the rest of the time taking care of me and making sure i only had water. i tried to sneak a few shots but he always caught me, maybe because he never left my side even when i had to pee four times on the way back to shore.