chapter 25

for an hour and a half i explained to colton how the entire situation made me feel. i didn't like the girl staring, her comments, how he handled it, i disliked all of it. once he understood that, i then explained what he should do if it happens again and not just laugh. him laughing is what pissed me off more.

"i'm sorry for how i handled the situation. i'm sorry i made you feel your feelings are invalid. i'm sorry that without you explaining it to me i wouldn't have understood why it upset you so much. i'm sorry for it all. with all of this being said, are we okay? are you mad at me? do you seriously want to go home?" he asks and i sniffle. at one point i was so frustrated i started crying so now i worry i look like a panda.

"we're okay, no i'm not mad at you, and no i don't wanna go home. i wanna stay with you and maybe write a song, or watch a movie. i wanted to take a decent picture of us but i ruined my makeup by crying." i complain and he smiles.

"you didn't ruin anything you still look beautiful and we can still take pictures. you look gorgeous with or without makeup." he says and i smile kissing his jaw. he bends down and connects his lips with mine softly. i relax against him as he moves his lips against mine. his kiss is gentle and soft. it was like he was savoring it and i couldn't help but smile.

"i love you." i tell him.

"i love you, my beautiful gorgeous over dramatic princess." he says and i hit his shoulder.

"you ruined it." i tell him but he shrugs.

"i'm not exactly romantic." he says.

"oh i know, you open my door and that's about it." i tell him.

"what would you like for me to do?" he asks as he puts the car in drive and begins heading to his apartment.

"flowers, picked from the side of the road is fine i don't want anything expensive. dates, not anything dramatic or fancy. just simple things." i shrug.

"okay i can do that but i want dates too." he says smiling.

"okay i'll take you on a date. i'll pick you up tomorrow at 1." i smile and he laughs. "i'm being serious, i'm taking you on a date."

"okay fine. i'll be ready." he agrees.

"good cause i wasn't asking." i laugh and he rolls his eyes. he pulls into the apartment complex and quickly leans over the console pecking me on the lips.

"i wanna be the best man possible for you and i think tonight showed i'm still not there yet-"

"please don't do that again colton." i beg and he shakes his head.

"shhh i'm not." he whispers and places a delicate kiss on my forehead.

"you know you don't have to be perfect i don't except you to be. you're gonna mess up and we're gonna have ups and downs but as long as you learn from them then we'll be okay." i tell him and he nods.

"i was just saying that i still have progress to be made but i love you so much and i'm doing this all for you. you deserve the world and i intend to give you that." i smile at him and peck him on the lips.

"let's go inside." i suggest and he nods quickly getting out of the car. he opens my door for me and then grabs his bag before we walk hand and hand up to his apartment.

when we enter he kicks off his vans and then drops to his knees in front of me. he then gently grabs my leg and undoes my heel and slips it off my foot. he sets my leg down and then does the same to the other, carefully setting my heels next to his shoe rack.

"thank you." i smile.

"of course princess." he says and stands up hugging me. we hold each other for a while before i finally make the move to let go. "you're so beautiful and got all dressed up to see me and i feel like i didn't appreciate it enough."

"your face when you first seen me said everything-"

"i bet i looked like a love sick puppy. it's just- you're so gorgeous and this dress is just you. i don't even know how to explain it. when i see this dress i just think princess and you and i don't know." he says smiling.

"you're so cute." i tell him and he kisses my forehead.

"i don't want you upset with me again or feel like i invalid you in any way. i want you to know how much i appreciate you and want you with me." he places his hand on my cheek and softly begins stroking my cheek.

"i do baby. i know that, we just didn't understand each other in that moment and that's okay." i tell him.

"i'm sorry i'm just exhausted but you look gorgeous and i don't want you upset." he says and i shake my head.

"do not apologize for being tired. you've worked from six to five outside doing construction then you just did a whole dance routine. it's now what? nine and you're just getting home from working all day. i don't blame you for being tired and i don't expect anything out of you." i explain to him and he smiles.

he wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up. my dress comes up and my ass was on display as he carries me to his room. he sets me on the bed and i try to pull down my dress but he pulls it over my head.

"let me help." he says quietly and then walks into his closet. he comes back out with a shirt in his hand and he sets it next to me and places his hand on my back. he unhooks my bra but looks at me to make sure it's okay.

i take it the rest of the way off and he smiles. he picks back up the shirt and puts it over my head. i stand up and pull the shirt down over my ass and then look up at him. he's smiling and i place my hand on the back of his neck before standing on my tippy toes and kissing him.

he instantly kisses me back placing his hands on my hips and pulling me closer. he then picks me up and sits down on the bed moving me to his lap.

"let me help you." i tell him as i break the kiss.

he instantly flops on the bed and i smile. i rub his back for a minute before going into the closet. i grab him a clean pair of boxers for him to wear to bed and bring them to him. "sit up."

he listens with a groan and i pull his shirt over his head. i then unbutton his jeans and he takes them off himself.

"are you okay?" i ask him and he nods tiredly. i help him change the rest of the way and he then leans back in bed rubbing his eyes. "let's go brush our teeth."

i grab his hands and pull him out of bed and to the bathroom. we brush our teeth together, me using the toothbrush i keep over here, and he clings to me from behind as i take off my makeup.

once i'm done we get back in bed and he lays face down into the pillow. i run my fingers up and down his back and his breathing becomes deeper so i know he's asleep. i stop rubbing his back and get comfy so i can sleep but he instantly wraps his arm around me when i change positions.

he then buries his head into my neck and i smile. i kiss his head carefully so i don't wake him up and run my fingers up and down his back. he smiles in his sleep and softly snores. his grip around my waist tightens and he throws his leg across my body so he's as close as possible to me.