chapter 16

layla and i look at each other from my room as we hear kingston and colton arguing. they're like a married couple fighting over the smallest things and normally it lasts for five minutes but they've been arguing for like fifteen now and i was beginning to get worried.

"should we go check on them?" i ask and layla shrugs.

"maybe?" she asks and we stand up. i leave my room first and head to kingston's door. i hesitantly open the door and enter the room. colton is standing with his back to the door. his hands are gripping his hair while kingston has his arms crossed looking pissed.

"we're done arguing, it's my choice!" colton yells but kingston is looking at layla and i. i let go of the door to allow layla to enter the room too and she goes to kingston.

"are y'all okay?" i ask looking between the two of them.

"your bothers a dick." he says and i laugh.

"fuck off." kingston says.

"both of y'all grow up. what's the problem?" layla asks looking back and forth between both of them.

"he's being a puss." kingston says.

"i'm not though! i just don't give a shit!" colton yells glaring at kingston.

"okay how about we calm down a little bit and then y'all can talk this out because neither of y'all are having a logically conversation when you're both mad." i say and colton sighs leaving the room.

"can you at least go check on him?" kingston asks and i nod leaving the room.

i go to my room and colton is laying in my bed glaring at the floor. he doesn't move when i crawl in bed next to him and wrap my arm around him cuddling him. he just sighs and rolls over holding me back.

"i don't wanna go get my shit from my dad's okay? it's my choice." he says moving his hair from his face.

"you want that stuff though, at least some of it i know it." i say and he sighs with a nod. "okay so how about kingston and cody go get it so you don't have to see your dad?"

"no." he says sternly and i sigh laying my head against his chest. he kisses my head and rests his above mine.

"i could-"

"i'll go get it if this will be dropped." he says with an annoyed tone.

"if you really don't want it then don't go get it, but i know you'll regret it later on when your dad gets rid of it. we can go get it now and he won't even be there." i tell him.

"there's no we." he says.

"don't start shutting me out because you're mad." i tell him.

"i don't want you seeing that side of my life." he admits placing his hand on my cheek.

"i want to see all the sides of your life, that's part of you and i don't want just half colt." i tell him and he sighs tightening his grip around me.

"fine, but promise me something." he says and i nod. "promise whatever you see, or whatever happens that i'm what you want."

"i promise colton." i say and he kisses my head. he grabs my hand and kisses that too before standing up. he then leaves my room and i follow him as he walks back to kingston's.

"i'm going to get it." colton says quietly.

"she would be able to convince you." kingston mumbles. "want me to come?"

"no i've got it." he says and closes the door. we walk downstairs and leave out the front door. corbyn was on the couch but didn't even do a double take as we leave together.
———
we slowly walk into colton's house and it's dead silent between us. it smells like a mix of beer and something else but colton seems unfazed by the smell and begins walking down the hallway. i follow and enter a small room at the back of the house.