chapter 40

kingston: what happened???
kingston: is colton okay
kingston: are you okay
kingston: kingsley
kingston: pls answer i'm worried

cody: you good?

mason: wtf just happened
mason: where are you

corbyn: i hope you're okay idk where you are or what just happened but you know if you need me to call. i love you sis i hope colton's okay

mom: what your father did was very out of line and i apologize for that but please come home so we can discuss this
mom: bring colton too i want him here for us to talk. he deserves an explanation and apology

layla: i hope colton and you are okay. i'm here if you need me and wanna talk
layla: i love you
layla: please answer kingston he's worried

texts were spamming my phone from my family but i didn't want to talk to any of them right now. i can't believe my dad would be such a dick. he's never seemed to dislike colton as kingston's friend why is it so different if he's my boyfriend?

"you okay?" colton asks when he walks in the living room. i look up from my phone and smile at him.

"yeah, i'm with you. i'm perfect." i say and walk up to him. he places his hand on my chin and pulls me into a quick kiss.

"you're a bad liar. what are they saying?" he asks and i sigh.

"everyone's just asking what happened." i tell him and he nods.

"you gotta eventually go back home love." he points out.

"you don't want me here?" i tilt my head at him and he smiles before kisses my head.

"no i do but it's been two days you can't just avoid them forever." he was right of course but i didn't care right now. i just wanted to spend time with him, not worry about my dad's opinions on him.

"i can if it means them not disrespecting you." i argue and he shakes his head.

"you have to go back tonight. you're not ruining your relationship with your parents over me. i never want that." he says and i sigh.

"really?" i ask and he nods.

"go baby they're probably worried sick." he kisses my forehead and goes to walk to his room but i grab his hand.

"you have to go with me." i say and he shakes his head.

"kingsley-"

"no, if i go back you come too. then we both hear what they say and go from there." i tell him and he nods.

"fine let me change." he walks to his room and changes from his basketball shorts to nice jeans and a black t-shirt. he puts on his converse and then meets me back in the living room where he outstretches his hand to me and i take it as we walk to the front door.

never in my life had i been anxious to walk inside my own house. even when i was wasted or high off my ass and knew my parents were home had i been nervous until today. i never knew my own dad was the kind of man to try and ruin my happiness. it was so unlike him and it was such a genuine shock and i think that's why i'm so reluctant to be here right now. i always held my dad very high on the list of people i love and trusted and now in an instant the trust i had for him was gone and i was now left feeling lost and hurt.

"baby?" colton's quiet voice mumbles as he stands behind me on my ridiculously large front porch. i didn't even fully know how he felt about this whole situation but he was a lot better at controlling his emotions than i will ever be. i guess that came with how differently we grew up.