chapter 8

i get the text that dinners ready so i head downstairs and to the kitchen where everyone else is. not only is colton here tonight but so is corbyn's boyfriend, eric, cody's girlfriend, finley, and mason's friend, trent.

"those are too short." cody says about my shorts but finley hits his arm.

"your outfits so cute, especially the shorts." she says with a smile. when i got home from being with colton i changed into pink cotton comfy shorts and a white tank top with white nike socks.

"thank you, i think i stole them from layla." i say sitting in between finley and eric.

"i agree they're so cute." eric says wrapping his arm around me in a side hug. mason places pasta in the middle of the table and trent follows with breadsticks. everyone finds there seat and then begins getting food.

"your gtr looks good." finley says.

"thank you, i actually have a bunch of stuff to install but i'm gonna need help." i say and kingston rolls his eyes.

"like what?" colton asks.

"i got eparco seats but the current seats are electric and have so many wires attached to things that i don't understand. i also need to change the break pads but i can do that." i tell him.

"i can help if you want." he offers.

"sure, i'll show you everything after dinner." he nods and i take a bite of my food.

"not alone." mason says.

"mason." corbyn interferes.

"no, i don't trust him to be alone with her." he says glaring at colton.

"i agree." cody says and finley elbows him.

"it's colton." kingston scrunches his eyebrows in confusion.

"well that's not ya'll's choice to make, i'm comfortable with being alone with him. he's just helping me with my car, y'all can calm down." i say and everyone remains quiet.

"he's a piece of shit." mason mumbles.

"so are you." i challenge crossing my arms.

"kingsley!" corbyn says trying to keep the peace.

"no he's a controlling asshole." i tell him.

"she ain't wrong man." trent shrugs.

"fuck you." mason says and trent smiles.

"he's tryna help her i don't see the problem." trent tells me.

"the problem is colton." cody says.

"what did i even do?" he asks.

"you treat people like shit. you have an assault charge! i don't want her alone with someone like you." cody says.

"i was protecting her! that's more than you did, you watched him fucking touch her!" colton yells.

"everyone shut up!" i yell over both of them."cody and mason y'all can't make decisions like that for me anymore. i'm 18 and can do what i want and right now i need colton's help with my car, so shut up and fuck off. y'all complain he's rude to people but y'all are rude to him." i say and then stand up, grab my phone, and plate of food before walking out of the kitchen.

"y'all are both assholes." i hear finley say.

"fuck off." mason tells her.

"don't fucking talk to her like that." cody demands. i ignore them and go upstairs with my food and begin eating alone. a few minutes later there's a knock on my door and i sigh.