chapter 10

(kingsley's pov)

i sigh as i close my laptop. my head was beginning to hurt from online shopping. i look at the time and see it's only three and i had nothing to do. all my brothers were busy and layla had left not that long ago to go home and help her mom do something.

i pick up my phone and go to colton's contact and click call. it begins to ring and by the third ring i figured he wasn't gonna answer but then i hear his voice.

"hey, where are you?" i ask him.

"work, is everything okay?" he asks.

"besides me about to die from boredom yeah i guess. i didn't mean to bother you at work i forgot." i tell him.

"it's okay princess. maybe we can do something once i get off." he suggests.

"you mentioned needing furniture for your apartment so i thought we could go shopping." i say.

"that's fine with me. i don't get off until like 6 and i gotta shower first though so things will begin to close." he lets me know.

"that's okay we can get a few things and then do some more shopping this weekend." i tell him.

"that works but i gotta go. i'll see you later alright." i nod even though he can't see me and agree before hanging up.

i leave my phone on my bed and go into my closet to decide what to wear. i was in an oversized shirt and pajama shorts still and had only brushed my teeth this morning. i change into leggings, nike blazers, and a tank top. i brush my hair and put it in a messy bun. i then brush my teeth again and put on deodorant and perfume.

i leave my bathroom and turn on some music and begin my makeup. i was bored so i did a bit extra and by the time i'm done it's almost 5. i head downstairs and look in the fridge but realize we haven't been grocery shopping.

me: can we pls also get food

colt: yes we can do that first i'm starving

me: me too
———
"hurry." i complain and lay in colton's bed. he had just gotten out of the shower and was just standing in a towel on his phone.

"you're one impatient person." he says and i throw a pillow at him. "damn okay, okay i'll hurry."

he walks into the closet and closes the door and begins to change. he comes back out in black jeans and an oversized black t-shirt with untied shoes. he sits next to me and ties his converse and then sprays cologne on himself.

"i'm ready." he says and i smile.

"finally." i say as i walk out the door and he smacks my ass.

"i've had to wait for you to finish getting ready since you were like 12." he says and i shrug going down the stairs. i go to the kitchen and write on the whiteboard so everyone knows where we are.

'furniture shopping' -K&C

i put the marker back and turn to colton and he smiles. he walks towards me and wraps his arms around me and i lean up and kiss his chin.

"give me a real kiss." he complains. i smile and stand on my tippy toes and kiss him on the lips. i wrap my arms around his neck as he picks me up and sets me on the counter. i pull him closer to me but he pulls away.

"dinner, food, furniture." he reminds us and i pout. he pecks me on the lips before picking me up off the counter. "don't pout, i don't like it."

"i don't like you." i tell him and he stares at me and i laugh.

"you sure?" he asks.

"yes." i say smiling.

"mhm." he raises up his shirt and my eyes go directly to his tattoos and abs and just stare. "you don't like me?" he drops his shirt and i look back up to his eyes.