chapter 3

i stare at the dress my best friend is holding up and just shake my head. i definitely should have came dress shopping alone. layla loves to see how far my brothers limits go with my clothing. typically it's when we're having a night out with everyone and not when we're going to a house party.

"they'd lose their minds if i showed up in that. scratch that i don't think i'd make it inside the house fully before i'd be killed." i say staring at the revealing dress.

"exactly! have some fun, they're too much." she says and i shake my head again.

"absolutely not. how about this?" i grab a short champagne colored dress that isn't revealing like the ones layla has suggested.

"it's cute." she shrugs and i roll my eyes.

"wow you seem so unenthused." i stare back at the dress contemplating if i like it or not.

"it's cute babes just, i like my idea of pissing off your brothers." she says.

"i'm not in the mood for an argument." i begin walking to the changing rooms and i try on the dress. it was a little tight and definitely did my ass good so i decided to get it.

"you're so hot." layla says and i smile. "you should get it."

"i think so too." i look in the mirror once more staring at the dress.
———
the loud music could be heard a mile down the road. when layla's brother pulls up in front of the house cars and drunk people were everywhere. we thank him for the ride and then get out walking towards the house with our arms linked.

guys smirk and scan our attire as we walk to the house which wasn't unusual. layla and i definitely stood out from the rest of the girls in town. most of them worked on farms or small corner stores where as layla and i have our family's business and don't have to work.

"the fuck?" kingston says as we walk inside and begins his angry walk to us.

"don't." layla says. "this dress was a lot better than the ones i picked out so you aren't allowed to complain tonight."

he stares down at her and she smiles turning back to me and grabbing my hand as we walk towards the kitchen.

typical layla, always in control and getting her way especially when it came to kingston. my other brothers didn't listen to her constant nagging about how they treat me but kingston did. it was a little obvious he had a soft spot for layla and she used that to her advantage, with everyone because what guy didn't have a soft spot for her?

"remember i'm not getting drunk." i say as she pours us drinks.

"it's mostly juice!" she says with an excited grin on her face. she hands me my drink and i take a sip of it. it burns my throat and we both begin laughing. it is in fact not mostly juice and is mostly straight vodka.

"layla!" i yelled and she laughs drinking her drink.

"come on let's go join everyone!" she insisted and we head into what should be the dining room if the table wasn't against the wall and people weren't in the tables way on the floor.

a bunch of people were in a circle laughing as as i scan the room i see corbyn leaned against the wall talking to a girl named brianna. she was smiling and trying to flirt with him but little did she know he didn't exactly swing that way. corbyn was out of the closet, he didn't care if anyone knew it but wasn't something everyone knew so girls still flirt with him.

i move my gaze from them and my eyes land on colton. he's leaned against the wall, beer in hand, watching people play what looks like spin the bottle. his usually dark messy hair was contained in a black fitted hat and he's in black ripped jeans and a black shirt. he has on a silver chain and rings on his middle and ring finger. he has in diamond earrings and has black converse on.