chapter 7

colton did get me tacos but they were from taco bell since nothing else was open. by the time he began taking me home, my family was calling to figure out where i am. now i'm sitting in the driveway still in colton's car.

"tonight was...okay. i had fun being with you but i am never doing anything like this again." he says and i laugh.

"well thank you for doing it tonight, i know that's not your scene and you hated it but i appreciate it...i most definitely preferred you over some random guy." a small smile forms on his face and i lean over the console and kiss his cheek.

"i prefer you with me too." i shake my head and reach for the door handle but he grabs my arm. "wait."

i look back at him and he places his hand on my check. he leans over the console, just like i did, and kisses me. it was a soft, sweet, quick goodbye kiss but i enjoyed it.

"have a good night princess." he mumbles against my lips. i peck him on the lips once more before pulling away smiling.

"you too colt. get home safe." i say and reach for the door handle. he quickly reaches over and opens the door for me from the inside and smiles. i shake my head and get out of his car. he watches and waits until i make it all the way into the house before heading back down the driveway.

"finally! i called you! where were you?" my mom asks when i walk into the living room.

"we got food, i was starving." i tell her.

"you better have stayed for at least a few hours." she scolds.

"i did don't worry, we left at an appropriate time." i say and she nods.
———
colton: i need to see you

me: okay where are you

colton: at work can i pick you up after like 6

me: yes are you okay

he didn't reply after that and my head was clouded with worried thoughts. it had been weeks since the gala and four days since i last saw him at my house hanging out with kingston. my parents had left for another trip last night and all my brothers were in a mood like they always were after our parents left.

it was only 4:45 so i still had a little while before colt would be here. i put on ripped jeans and a cropped tank top. i throw on a flannel since the sun would begin to set and i would get cold.

i debated on makeup but decided on just mascara which takes way longer than it should. my eyelashes are so long they have a tendency to touch my eyelid and then leave mascara on it so i have to patiently sit with my eyes open and not blink until it dries.

once i had done all that i walk into my closet and stare at my shoe racks. jordans, nikes, vans, converse. i have too many shoes. just kidding you can never have too many pairs of shoes. i grab my old worn out black and white high top converse and put them on. i go into my bathroom and put on deodorant and perfume and then go lay in bed to wait for colton.

colton: i'm parked down the driveway so no one sees

me: cominggg

i grab my purse and throw my phone in it and scan the hallway. when i see no one i head to the staircase. i walk as quietly as possible through the house so i won't be spotted. i make it to the front door and open it when i hear someone behind me.

"where ya going?" i jump and turn around holding my chest.

"you scared me." i smile, thankful it's just corbyn. "you can't tell."

"okay." he nods.

"out...with a guy." i mumble.

"who? do i know him?" he asks.