chapter 30

(colton's pov)

"the fuck." he says glaring at me.

"calm down." finley says grabbing his hand. he yanks his hand away from her and kingsley stands in front of me. finley looks shocked by his action and honestly i don't blame her.

"no cody." kingsley places her hand on his chest and pushes him back so he can't get to me. he tries to push passed her but she shoves him back again and he glares at me.

"cody." mason says walking into the living room.

"they're together!" cody yells and mason sighs. "you know?"

"yes." mason mumbles and kingston comes down the stairs.

"you know too don't you?" cody asks and kingston looks from me to kingsley. "what the fuck! why am i the last to know? when? why? kingsley what the fuck!"

"don't fucking yell at her." i say walking towards him but kingsley looks back at me and i stop.

"i don't have to explain anything to you. i'm an adult so i can date who i want." she says and i smile. i love seeing her stand up for herself. she's such a strong beautiful woman.

"i'm your brother! he's a dick! kingston how do you not care!" he yells and kingston walks passed me to stand by kingsley.

"calm the fuck down. it's not our decision to make about who she's with. i'd rather it be colton then someone else honestly. i know damn well he'll treat her good! now go treat finley good because you acting like a dick just hurt her." kingston glares at his older brother and i glance at finley. cody looks behind him at her and she looks pissed at him.

"how am i the one everyone's mad at? he's the one who has been arrested, lied, treated girls like shit, manipulated people, stole!" cody asks looking around to everyone in the room. "how do you not care mason?"

"you're over reacting." finely says crossing her arms.

"what?" cody asks.

"you're being dramatic. she can do what she wants. you have no right to be this mad when he's kingston's friend. kingston doesn't care, colt and ley are cute together, there's no problem. you're over reacting and pissed for something that doesn't concern you. grow up cody." finley says and grabs her phone before leaving the living room and walking into the kitchen.

cody looks even more pissed now but he just walks to the couch and sits down staring at the tv.

"well we're going shopping." kingsley announces and grabs my hand walking to the front door, pulling me with her.

"i'm going to layla's for dinner." i hear kingston say.

we walk outside and go to my car. i open the door for kingsley and once she gets in i go to my side.

"colt! ignore cody. mason will talk to him and everything will be fine." kingston says opening his car door.

"i truly don't care what he thinks. that may be shitty but he's not kingsley or you so my relationship shouldn't matter to him. have fun dude." i say and open my door.

"you too, be safe." i nod and get into the car. kingsley smiles at me and leans over the console kissing my cheek.

"you're doing great." she says and i smile.

"why you say that princess?" i ask starting the car.

"you didn't punch anyone or get overly mad about what he said. that's major progress and i'm so proud of you." she says smiling and i lean over kissing her head.

"all for you." i say and follow kingston out of the driveway. "where we going?"

"i was thinking the mall. i wanna go to zara for more jeans." she says and i nod taking her where she wants to go.
———
"i'll be right back." i say and kiss the side of her head. she nods continuing to look for a pair of jeans she wants.

i quickly leave the store and go a few stores away to a flower shop. i enter and quickly realize i'm the only man here and i'm taller than all the shelves so it's very easy to see me. i go to the pink flowers and begin looking at them not really understanding anything.

what are the meaning behind flowers?

i pick up some white and pink ones. they look like roses i think so i grab them. i had no clue about flowers but kingsley likes pink and these look pretty. maybe? i don't know. i go to check out.

"will this be all for you?" the lady asks and i nod. "77.53."

i'm shocked by how expensive they are but i hand her cash for them. i get my change and then take my flowers and go back to zara to find my beautiful girl.

"there you are." she says and then gasps seeing the flowers. "colton."

"here you go." i hand them to her and she smiles.

"thank you so much. where did you get these? there's only wedding shops here that sells flowers." she says and then i realize why they were so expensive and why i was the only guy there.

"oh." i mumble and she starts laughing at me.

"did you go to a wedding bouquet shop for these?" she asks and i nod slightly.

"yeah i think so." i admit and she laughs harder.

"i love you you're so cute." she says and kisses me.

"i was wondering why everything was so expensive." i say.

"how much were they?" she asks but i shake my head. "colt."

"don't worry about it." i say and notice the jeans in her hand. "did you find the jeans?"

"don't change the subject." she says.

"don't worry about it princess, it's not important." i say and she sighs. she's not happy with me but i don't want her knowing. she'll feel bad or get mad at me for real for how much i spent. i know better than to tell her.

we shop in silence, her occasionally looking behind her to make sure i'm still with her. when she checks out i grab all her bags for her and we continue to the next store. i wanted to so badly buy her everything she was picking out but i knew i couldn't afford it with rent being due soon.

the flowers were expensive enough and the clothes she was picking out were adding up very quickly. at one store she only bought two pairs of shoes and some jeans and the total was close to five hundred dollars. i could never imagine spending that much at one time but she swiped her card like it was nothing.

i know money isn't anything to her. her parents are millionaires and she'll be supported for the rest of her life because of that. she doesn't have to worry about money ever. she's the only girl and the youngest so she won't be taking over her family's business like mason and cody will.

once she got over her bad mood she began talking to me again which resulted in her also trying to buy me things. i refused to let her buy me anything though so she got upset again and was now back in a bad mood.