chapter 12

(kingsley's pov)

"let's go bar hop for a bit." layla suggests as dinner slowly begins to end.

"i think i'll pass." cody says shaking his head. cody, and mason, have never really drank, everyone says it comes with them being the oldest, the example, the perfect ones, the most mature. i don't believe that though. i think they just don't like not having control.

when our parents first began going on trips they were in charge for the few days they were gone. kingston and i were only thirteen when they did their first trip so we needed adult supervision and they're overage. now i think they got so used to having the control they don't like not having it, they feel responsible for us.

"i'm down." corbyn shrugs looking at eric.

"same." eric agrees.

"ley? kings? colton?" layla asks.

"of course i'm down but how are we gonna get in?" i ask. only corbyn and eric are twenty one and i didn't have a fake.

"we're not in rockford right now, we can just buy our way in." she shrugs.

"that sounds expensive and i have work tomorrow but y'all have fun with that." colton says taking a drink of his water and standing up.

"colt." i say before i realize it. everyone looks at me and i feel a little overwhelmed. "we can pay for you to get in, don't worry."

"y'all can't do that." he shakes his head.

"yeah we can so shut up puss and sit down." kingston says and colton cocks an eyebrow at him. "can i help you?"

"yeah the fuck you think you're talking about?" colton laughs.

"dude sit down people are staring." kingston says and colton listens for once. i look around the restaurant and people were looking and giving colton disapproval looks. this place is high class and colton's loud mouth and cussing wasn't appreciated in a fancy restaurant.

"great so you're in?" layla clarifies.

"yeah i guess." colt sighs.

"great! let's get the checks." she suggests.

"i'll be right back." i stand up and walk in the direction the bathroom is in and find our server. "i have the weirdest request."

"okay?" she asks.

"can i change how we spilt the checks? i'll be paying for the burger along with my food."

"that's not weird, follow me!" she says and i follow her to one of the computers. she splits up the checks and makes sure my check is correct before printing it.

"this is the weird part. can you now bring it to the table and act like this never happened? could you also give the guy with the longer dark hair and black jeans a blank receipt saying i bought his food? act like it's his check, it's a long story." i ask her and she laughs. she gets some of the receipt paper and allows me to right on it. she then agrees to do this for me.

"i will tip you amazingly don't worry, i'm so sorry for all of this." i apologize.

"no you're fine, i seen the way y'all kept looking at each other." she tells me.

"it's a long story, he's my brothers best friend." i tell her.

"girl you are screwed." she laughs.

"tell me about it. why's he look like that and off limits?" i complain.

"life's unfair but you're beautiful and if this thing with him doesn't work out, their will be other options." she says and i smile.

"thank you again, i'm so sorry." she shakes her head and i begin walking back to our table.