chapter 18

it had felt like months but in reality only been four days since i last seen colton. i hadn't talked to him since that night and i didn't know if kingston had or not. i couldn't exactly ask either or else he'd know something's up.

i miss colton though. i'm worried about him and i wasn't sure what to do. i know he needs space but i also want him to know i'm here for him. he's not alone anymore and he can have help.

when i hear the doorbell ring downstairs i sigh and decide to get out of bed. i go to my bathroom and brush my teeth. i throw my hair in a bun and then go into my closet. i put on an over size white car shirt and some shoes. i put on white nike socks and my nike blazers.

i walk to my vanity and turn on the lights and sit down, pulling out my makeup. however before i can even start there's a knock on my bedroom door and then it opens. i look and see colton standing in the doorway.

i slightly gasp not from seeing him but by seeing his face. bruises have fully developed and not only is his face bruised and lip busted, his neck is bruised with hand prints and his arms are scratched up and bruised. he looks horrible and my heart aches for him.

"is it okay that i'm here?" he asks and i nod without a second thought.

"of course it is." i say and he slightly relaxes and walks into my room shutting the door. he leans against the door and looks at me.

"i don't know why i'm here." he shrugs now looking upset.

"that's okay. you can sit if you want, i don't mind you being here." i say and he nods moving to my bed. he sits in it and then lays back with no hesitation and gets comfortable.

(colton's pov)

i was so nervous as i knock on the door. i take a deep breath and then release it trying to calm my anxiety a little bit. when kingston opens the door he looks a little confused.

"shit dude you look rough." he says and let's me come in.

"i need to talk to kingsley. is she here?" i ask and his confusion grows.

"yeah?" he looks at my neck and arms that are covered in bruises from my fight.

"i'll explain later just i've fucked up." i tell him and he looks angry.

"i swear to god if you're the reason she came home the other day crying i'm gonna kill you." he glares and i sigh.

"hit me as many times as you want but after i go talk to her." i say and head towards the stairs. i know he's still standing in the doorway, probably in shock, but i head towards her room and knock on the door.

i enter and see her looking absolutely breathtaking. she's sitting at her vanity and from the looks of it about to do her makeup which i've interrupted.

i had no clue what to say i just know i need to talk to her. i shouldn't have let her leave crying, i shouldn't have let her uber home alone, i shouldn't have left things the way i did for this long. i'm not here to get back together, not right now, i need time for myself to figure things out before i'm in a position to be a good man for her.

that doesn't mean i'm not absolutely dying right now looking at her. she's gorgeous and i could stare all day. i adore her and the way she handles everything makes me like her more. she's not mad at me, she's so understanding of everything, but i have no doubt that she is still upset. not mad upset just hurt and that's my issue. i can't feel comfortable with her feeling like that without at least trying to change that.

as she finishes up her makeup, i continue to stare watching her. i hadn't ever seen a girl do their makeup before nor had i ever been this comfortable in someone else bed. i've had terrible sleep these passed few days and if i wasn't so stressed about how i made her feel i'd be asleep right now.