chapter 47

(colton's pov)

kingsley had been acting weird ever since this weekend. her parents retirement party happened and then ever since she's been distant. we've barley talked and when i asked to see her she said she's busy and didn't elaborate. i know she'd never purposely try to do anything to make me feel upset in any way but that doesn't change that she has.

it's now friday night and she all of a sudden i got a text to go to her house after work and i'm nervous as hell. i don't know what i did to make her act like this but my anxiety has been sky high ever since.

as i pull in her driveway i notice her parents have hired a lot of people lately. there's a guy trimming the slightly overgrown bushes, a lady watering the flowers, another installing what looks to be a fence around the skatepark, and i see a logo on a truck advertising a pool cleaning service.

i park my car next to kingston's and get out slower than usual. i've never been so anxious to walk inside this house before. i've always considered this house to be a safe place, my home without me living here but right now it felt everything but safe. i was anxious as i close the car door and release a breath.

"hurry up!" i hear kingsley's soft voice say and i smile without realizing it when i see her on the front porch waiting on me.

"why am i here?" i ask walking up to her. she's smiling which calms my anxiety drastically knowing she's not mad about anything. i lean down to place a kiss on her lips.

"can't i just see my boyfriend?" she tilts her head cutely and i scan her outfit and body language. her outfit is a simple oversized shirt with shorts so i know we probably aren't going anywhere and her body language shows she's full of energy and excitement based on her switching her weight between legs very frequently to contain excitement.

"well yeah but your text made it sound important." i explain.

"okay fine, i got you something!" she excitedly says and grabs onto my arm pulling it.

"kingsley." i sigh and she lowers her hand to grab onto mine before she starts jumping up and down no longer containing her emotions.

"no you'll love it! i promise. kingston helped." she says and pulls my hand towards the front door.

i follow like she wants and when we get inside the house she covers my eyes with her hands. she has to stand on her tippy toes to reach and her whole body is pressed against me as we slowly make our way into what is the living room.

"ready?" she asks.

"is it gonna jump?" i ask putting my arms out in front of me. i trust kingsley with everything in me but knowing kingston he's fucking with me or something and got kingsley to help.

"no probably not." she says.

"probably!" i yell slightly and she laughs.

"okay! 3...2...1." she takes her hand off of my eyes and then squeals excitedly as i look in front of me.

my mouth drops open as i stare at what's in front of me. kingston is in the corner recording as kingsley smiles.

"holy shit." i mumble as i walk towards the motorcycle and examine everything up close. "this isn't real. y'all are fucking with me."

"it's yours man." kingston says.

"no...no it's not. what?" i didn't know what to do with myself or what to say. they had just bought me my dream bike because i had mentioned it to kingsley once a few days ago. it now made sense why she was distant, she can't keep a secret from me so not seeing me prevented the chance that she'd slip up.

i turn towards kingsley and quickly make my way to her. i pull her into my arms in a tight embrace, snuggling my head into her neck. "i fucking love you."

"i love you pretty boy. do you like it?" she asks hugging me back. i pick her up off the ground and squeeze her tightly.

"i love it baby. it's perfect. i'm so in shock, what the fuck." i tell her and she smiles.

"you deserve it." she moves my hair from my face and i smile at her.

"thank you so much. i've never- this is, this is a dream come true." i tell her.

"don't go all soft puss." kingston interrupts and i raise my middle finger to him. he laughs and quits recording as i put down kingsley. i don't even think as i lean down kissing her with as much passion and appreciation as i can. kingston doesn't appreciate me kissing his sister in front of him but i don't care right now.

when we both pull away she pecks me on the lips quickly and i smile as i turn to kingston and hug him. he pats my back and then pulls away smirking.

"i got one too." he shrugs like it's nothing.

"kings!" i yell excited. "holy fuck! we got motorcycles dude. we can go ride together."

"nick also got one but not a R1." he informs me.

"what the fuck? we just all got bikes now?" i ask full of eagerness to ride.

"pretty much." he shrugs again like it's no big deal. "boys night tomorrow is gonna be so fun."

"can i drive it? where's the keys?" i ask and kingston gives me the keys. we move the bike out of the house and into the driveway before i start it. kingston goes to get his while i turn to kingsley.

"you coming?" i ask.

"no, have this time with kingston. get used to the bike and then maybe i'll get on your death machine." i laugh and lean down kissing her.

"i'd never ride insane with you on." i admit.

"good because if i get that phone call you're being rushed to the hospital im gonna lose my mind." she kisses me again but pulls away as kingston's bike gets louder which means he's coming towards us.

"thank you for this baby. it means a lot, i love you." i say.

"i love you and you deserve this so much pretty boy." she says back with a beautiful smile on her face. i smile and she places a peck on my lips before heading back inside her house. i watch as she walks away from me before turning to kingston once the front door closes

"here." he hands me a black and dark blue helmet and i pull my hair back before putting on the helmet. i get on the bike and when we're ready we take off down the driveway. this bike has more horsepower than the one i learned how to ride on so i slowly have to get used to it but it rides amazingly.

i smile as i follow kingston into town realizing how real life this moment is. us, two stupid kids with a habit of pushing the limits, on motorcycles right now. both of us with amazing girlfriends and figuring our lives out. this is a moment i never thought would come true but it's so real life right now. i'm in awe taking in this moment, hoping it doesn't end anytime soon.