chapter 42

(kingsley's pov)

it's now thursday night and colton managed to get off work early today so when he got home he showered and then said he was gonna take a nap before we go suit shopping with my parents.

while he naps i lay on the new couch he got for his room and am reading a book. the couch was far too comfy for it to be brand new and not broken in yet so i was shocked at the comfort when i first laid down on it.

i was on the 4th chapter of my book and colton had been napping for about an hour before i heard a lot of movement from the bed. i look up at him and his face his tense and his fist is clenched. i put my book down and walk over to him as he begins mumbling.

"no." he mumbles and turns away from me. "no! i'm sorry...please." he whines desperately.

"colton." i whisper and place my hand on his arm. when he has no reaction to me trying to wake him i say his name a little louder and shake him. i then scream as i'm thrown onto the bed and colton is breathing heavy and staring down at me.

"fuck." he mumbles and lets go of my arms and quickly stands up putting space between us. "i'm so sorry kingsley, i didn't mean to grab you. you, you scared me and when i woke up-"

"hey it's okay." i say calmly and grab his hands from his hair that he's yanking on. he lets me move his hands and pull him back to the bed closing the distance between us. "it's okay baby you didn't mean to. are you okay? you seemed like you were having a nightmare."

"yeah, yeah fine." he says quickly and looks away from me. he then moves away and grabs his phone from the nightstand and checks the time. "we gotta leave soon." he mumbles as he walks to the closet and puts on jeans and then his converse. he already had on a shirt so once his shoes were on he was ready to go.

"colt." i say quietly and he looks over me with a worried but also mad expression on his face. "why are you acting weird? what-"

"i'm not acting weird." he says again too quickly to be believable. i sigh and stand up from the bed and walk over to him.

"we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to but don't lie to me." i tell him before walking passed him and out of the bedroom to go grab my phone and purse.

(colton's pov)
i had been doing great. no nightmares, no panic attacks, no anger issues. i was doing great and i don't even know what triggered my nightmare.

it was fine at first it was just dad and i in the house talking like usual. it was the calm before the storm. of course i accidentally over shared and then when he began asking too many questions and when i stopped answering he got angry.

"where were you?" he asks causally but i all too well where this was leading.

"out, hung with some friends." i shrug.

"what friends?" he asks.

"just people from school." i say and could see on his face he isn't liking my answers. it was obvious he was becoming angry.

"school? is that where you've been all day?" he asks.

"yes sir." i nod and he glares standing up from his seat on the couch.

"do you think i'm stupid boy?" he asks walking closer to me. my heart was beginning to beat quicker and i could smell the alcohol on him now.

"no sir." i shake my head.

"really? i didn't know hickeys came with going to school." he points out and grabs my chin yanking my head up to look at my neck.

"it was just some girl." i try to remain calm and play it off like i wasn't effected but in reality i felt like my heart was beating out of my chest.