chapter 4

i rub the sleep out of my eyes as i walk into the kitchen. i slightly trip over the stupid door frame but manage not to fall and stumble into a barstool at the island.

"you look like shit." mason's voice says.

"shut up." i grumble.

"when you'd get home? you look exhausted?" cody asks.

"late." i yawn and cover it with my arm.

"i can tell." mason teases. "how was the party? corbyn and kingston are still passed out."

"fine, could've been better." i shrug.

"how come?" mason asks.

"colton and kingston got into a fight last night. kingston threw him in to a table." i tell them and mason looks confused while cody looks shocked.

"why?" cody questions.

"i played seven minutes in heaven but they spun a bottle and it landed on me and colton. kingston freaked out but come on, colts his best friend." i say and mason looks slightly annoyed. "no, no y'all don't get mad. if that bottle was gonna land on anyone in that circle i would hope it'd be colton. i know him and wasn't uncomfortable like i would have been with any other guy at that party."

"what happened during seven minutes of heaven?" mason asks.

"we are cheetos." i say and mason rolls his eyes.

"of course you did." cody smiles with a shake of his head.

"why is kingston mad then?" mason asks.

"well i don't know. i broke up the fight and he left, corbyn went after him but i haven't seen him to talk to him. colton was bleeding though, i think his arm scratched the table." i tell them.

"colton's not exactly the nicest guy ever, he was probably saying shit about y'all that didn't happen." mason says.

"i don't think he'd do that." i argue and mason shakes his head. i knew colton wouldn't do that. i trust him and i really don't think he'd tell anyone about our kiss. if i thought he would tell then it wouldn't have happened but i don't.

yes colt's been arrested like three times but every time so has kingston and my brothers not a bad guy. it was only minor things like trespassing and for assault once but that was justified. the guy grabbed me and kingston and colton weren't gonna allow that.

"you're too nice, you look passed all the bad stuff he's done." mason points out but i shrug.

"he did get arrested for me so i will give him the benefit of the doubt." i say.

"yeah but what about how rude he is to others? how he's treated other girls? how about him stealing?" he says.

"kingston's done the same." i challenge.

"from his influence." mason says.

"you can't blame it all on colt, you know how his parents are and come on, kingston can make his own decisions." i argue.

"still don't like the dude and can't give two shits if him and kingston are friends." cody crosses his arms.

"that's not very nice." i say and he shrugs.

"wanna go to breakfast?" he changes the subject and i smile.

"of course! give me 15 minutes." i say and head back upstairs.

i put on a black crop top and some random sweatpants with white nike socks and white and red jordan's. i brush my hair and teeth and then apply mascara. i grab my small purse and slip my phone into it and decide i'm ready.

i head back downstairs and when i walk into the kitchen everyone goes silent. kingston turns and looks at me but says nothing.

"what?" i ask.

"don't play dumb you know what." kingston says.

"we are cheetos kingston." i tell him.

"what?" he asks.

"yeah you're tantrum last night was not needed. i was thankful when the bottle landed on colton so i wouldn't have to go with some random guy that would expect something. colton and i ate cheetos when we did seven minutes of heaven." i tell him.

"so you didn't fuck my best friend" he asks.

"no! why do you even think that?" i ask him.

"some dude at the party told me y'all went into the closet together and he came out smirking." he leans back in his seat thinking.

"and you believed some random dude over colton or me." i point out and he sighs.

"sorry." he mumbles.

"apologies to him, you made him cut his arm pretty good when he hit that table." i inform him.

"he'll be fine." he smiles and i shake my head.

"wanna go to breakfast with us?" i ask.

"sure, after i'll stop by colt's and talk to him." kingston says and heads upstairs to get ready.

when he comes back downstairs he's dressed in ripped blue jeans and a black shirt. his style is similar to colton's except without jewelry and he actually has color to his outfits and not just straight black.
———
colt: thank you again for last night. i don't know many people who would check on me

me: of course and i've talked to kingston he's fine. how are you feeling

colt: like shit but i'll manage

i set my phone down next to me and touch my fingers to my lips. the way colton's lips felt against mine is permanently engraved in my mind and i wanted to feel them again.

i knew how others viewed him: reckless, arrogant, selfish, childish but colton had only ever been nice to me. i had seen him being those things to others though and that doesn't excuse his behavior but i knew the reason behind how he acts.

most people don't know about his family but i do. his dad has always treated him horribly and his mom left. from a young age he learned to get attention he had to act out and he just hasn't grown out of that yet.

although kingston's never admitted it i think he acts out to get mom and dad's attention too. when he was arrested the first time mom freaked, the second dad was pissed, but the third they didn't care.

our parents weren't ever around but they love us in there own way. they make sure we're well taken care of and can get whatever we want. they check in sometimes and that was good enough for everyone else but i think it bothers kingston more than he lets everyone see.