𝟎𝟏.

excuse any mistakes..

SEMAIJAH

Liked by theonlyneica and others applemusic "I wanted to stand out and be somebody

applemusic "I wanted to stand out and be somebody." Introducing our new #UpNext artist, @semaijahsummers Hear her story now.
View all 329 comments
semaijahsummers thank you for having me 🤍

"Congratulations Semaijah Summers, You are apart of Apple Music's up next series. Welcome to the beats one studio, How are you from one to ten? Ten being the best you've ever felt your whole life." Nandi asked me.

"Hey, Thank you for having me and a 10."

"That's good! Why are you on a 10? What has happened to take you that high up the scale?"

"I don't know. The days just going great and I'm excited to be here so yeah, a 10." I nodded.

"That's incredible! Are you prepared to begin? You can let me know if you feel uncomfortable answering any of the questions, and I'll go on to the next one."

"Yes I'm ready to start."

"Okay so let's start from the beginning. Can you please let us know some stuff about you and your childhood?"

"I was born on December 18th in North Carolina and that's where I was raised for most of my life before I decided to up and move to Memphis when I was 15 Years Old. I'm an only child. Um, There's not really much to my childhood that I could tell, I'm sorry."

"That's fine, What first got you into music?"

"My mom forced me to join the choir because she loved my singing, which is how I actually got into music but I knew I wanted to stand out and be somebody." I chuckled "Probably not what you were anticipating, but that is all there is to the story."

She chuckled "Who inspired you to make music?"

"Erykah Badu, I grew up listening to her exclusively. She was the only person that I was allowed to listen to." I shrugged sitting up a little.

"If it weren't for singing, What do you think you would be doing right now?"

"Before I started actually taking singing serious  I was in college to become a anesthesiologist so I'd probably still be in school studying to become that."

"A few days ago you opened up for Lil Baby and there was an an extremely large crowd, Are you comfortable performing in large crowds?"

"At first it was nerve-wracking but when I got on stage and actually started performing I felt calmed down and I had it. Although I prefer smaller audiences, I believe I could adjust to doing performances in front of large audiences."

"What is your favorite song to perform and why?"

"Ways is my favorite song to perform. I adore this song's strong voices. I get the impression that my audience and I are truly bonding when I sing this song. Many people have told me that they feel as though I am singing this song exclusively for them when I am singing it and I love that."

"That song is literally on my playlist." She said and I grinned as I pondered what's happening. I'm literally being interviewed about MY singing career.

"If given the opportunity, would you perform at a local charity event? Why or why not?"

"I've always had a strong desire to give back to my community. I believe that if given the chance, I would like playing at a nearby charity event because it would allow me to share my enthusiasm with others while also giving back to the community."

"What does your typical day to day look like?"

"My typical day would start with getting ready, then I would just start working. If I wasn't working, I would probably be relaxing at home or hanging out with my friends, who I almost never get to see because of our hectic schedules."

"Okay okay that's good. How do you deal with hate comments? Do you ignore them or?"

"Even if it's difficult, I ignore them. Sometimes all I want to do is reply to them and tell them about themselves, but I know I can't since that wouldn't be a very flattering representation of me."

"How do you find the courage to stay true to the spirit of your sound and not be distracted by what people define you as?"

"When God says Yes, anybody else's opinion really doesn't matter." I kept it simple.

"I love that! What's the best advice you've ever been given and by who?"

"There was a point in my life where I just wanted to quit and my best friend, Ahmahdi told me 'If you want something hard you have to accept it's a lifelong journey, not some work here and there but real work, for life.' That has stuck with me since."

"Ahmahdi may have just given me the best advice of my life too." Nandi said and we both laughed.

"This is a question that everyone has been asking and wondering, Is there an album in the works?"

"Albums are always in the works man."

She asked a few more questions before the interview came to a conclusion, and then we said our goodbyes. I walked out of the beat's studio and into my car, opening the doors.

I pulled off my beanie as soon as I got inside the car and began patting my head. My phone started ringing as I was ready to start driving, and when I picked it up, I saw that it was Ameili, my friend.

"Hello?" I answered the phone starting up the car.

"Mai, Where you at? You busy tomorrow?"

"I'm coming from an interview and no I'm not busy tomorrow, Why? You wanna do something?"

"Yes! This restaurant just opened this week and I want to go, Their food looks good. I told Mayuko about it and I think she's coming too if she's not tired when she gets out of work."

•••

pls don't copy my book. if anything that is used in this book is also used in any other books then it is completely COINCIDENTAL! nobody is trying to copy y'all. also i don't own any of the gifs, images or songs that are going to be used in this book. all rights go to their respectful owners.

hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! vote and comment, thanks. ❤️