28.

excuse any mistakes...

SEMAIJAH

As I walked into Raylan's house, I couldn't help but feel sadness as I thought about Jamel, who was hours away from me (Hes literally only a couple minutes away)

"It's Easter and I miss my man," I muttered to myself. "Ugh, Why would y'all have all these decorations out knowing my man knows decorations exist? Yall the reason i'm missing my man." I said to Raylan and his wife, Maniah who was busy preparing for everyone to come.

"Shut up girl." Maniah laughed.

"She got a nigga and ain't shut up since, Yeen ain't even do this much when you was with Ratata."

"I ran into him when I was in California with Ja."

Raylan and Maniah exchanged a glance before Maniah spoke up "Now how did that go and why are you just telling me now? You guys were in Cali in January, You don't even tell me stuff anymore."

"It just isn't that important to me. We just ran into him at his mom's restaurant, and I felt so awkward talking to him," I explained, feeling embarrassed all over again. "My life been so boring so that's why you haven't been told stuff."

Maniah chuckled, "Girl, you always got something going on. But it's okay, we'll just have to make sure we spice up your life a bit more."

"Where's Kayden and Mackenzie?" I asked bringing up Ahmahdi's brother and sister.

"I gave them some melatonin now they sleep."

I laughed at Maniah's response, knowing how energetic Kayden and Mackenzie could be. "I don't blame you. So what we got on the agenda for today?" I asked as I looked around the house.

"All we need to do is set up the egg hunt and get the easter baskets ready."

"How many kids are coming?" I asked.

"I think around 15 kids, give or take. We should have enough eggs and baskets for everyone."!Maniah replied, as she led me to the kitchen.

"While y'all do all that ima sleep. Wake me up when the game start." Raylan said walking up the stairs. Today was the last basketball game of the season. I wanted to go so bad to see Jamel play but because of this fake ass breakup I can't.

"Lazy ass." Maniah shook her head at Raylan's comment before turning her attention back to me. "Okay so I've only made about two baskets and I haven't even started on the egg hunt."

"That's okay, I can help," I said.

Maniah smiled. "Thanks girlie."

We spent the next hour selecting items for each basket, from small toys and stuffed animals to candy and chocolate eggs. Maniah had also prepared some personalized name tags for each basket, "I'm still upset I didn't get a basket."

"Semaijah you too grown."

"Since when was there an age where you stop getting Easter baskets? That's fine because I'll just tell my boyfriend to get me a basket. He asked me if I wanted one this morning anyways."

"This girl is really mad about not getting this damn basket, Fine Semaijah I'll make you one."

"Aw really? You didn't have to." I wiped away some fake tears and she rolled her eyes picking up a basket.