36.

excuse any mistakes..

SEMAIJAH

"Baeee you're not telling me what you want to make." I frowned looking at Jamel as he stood there with his arms wrapped around my waist and his head on mine, One thing bout this man he gon make sure whatever he's doing he's touching me.

"Ion know, Whatever you wanna make."

"You're the one that said I should teach you how to cook so come on pick something." I pulled his arms from around me to walk away but he just grabbed my arm and pulled me back into him "Boy."

"What you tryna get away from me for?" He asked.

"I'm giving you your space so you could think of what you want to cook. When you're done thinking about it you could call me back in here."

"Baby we could make whatever you feel like eating."

I smiled at his words "Okay since this is your first time cooking something we could just make some chicken fajitas. They're easy to make and always delicious. That's the first thing my mom's mom taught me when she was teaching me how to cook."

"Mom's mom? Why youn call her grandma? I just noticed youn be telling me bout yo mama side."

I shrugged "I don't know. It's just not much to tell. They shamed my mom a lot for getting pregnant and I know getting pregnant at fifteen years old really isn't like you know? Good? But that doesn't mean they should've treated her that way. Like she's pregnant and she said she's keeping the baby, What y'all think shaming her gon do about it? My mama almost had a miscarriage because of all the stress that they was giving her. My grandma just stopped giving a fuck about me after my mom kicked me out so it's fuck her. I don't care for her."

Jamel looked at me. "My bad you had to go through all that."

"What are you apologizing for? You're not them." I chuckled before pecking his lips "Now let's start making these fajitas."

Jamel nodded, a small smile forming on his face. "Aight cmon."

"Okay, so first we need to marinate the chicken. We'll need some lime juice, olive oil, and some spices." I walked inside of his pantry and grabbed the oil and all the spices before grabbing the lime juice from his refrigerator placing it on the counter.

Ja followed my lead, grabbing the chicken from the fridge and placing it on the counter. "How much we need?" He asked, looking at everything with a confused look on his face.

"We'll need about 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and a pinch of salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder." I replied, handing him the measuring spoons.

Ja measured out the ingredients and poured them into a plastic bag, adding the chicken and mixing it all together. "Like this?" He showed me the bag.

"Yesss my lil cook." I did a lil dance and he started smiling showing his dimples "Now we gotta let it marinate for a good thirty minutes while we prepare all this vegetable stuff."

Ja chuckled, clearly enjoying my excitement "Aight pass me the knife." He grabbed the cutting board and I grabbed the knife giving it to him, Because I wanted to not because he told me, Obviously.