26.

excuse any mistakes...

SEMAIJAH

"How y'all feel about this one?" Jamie enquired, causing Teniya and I to look up from our phones. We noticed that she was standing in front of the dressing room wearing a pink flowery lace dress.

Jamie's birthday is tomorrow, and since it was also Jamel's game, Tee and Jamel decided to give her a surprise birthday party. It was me and Teniya's duty to keep her occupied until we received the text telling us to start going to the location where the party was going to be held.

Their entire family was going to be there, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I've only met Jamie, Tee, Teniya, and their cousin from their family, so meeting the entire family is terrifying.

"Mama that dress is ugly, Don't get that one."

"Girl this dress is not ugly, You want me to get that blue jumpsuit so bad and I'm not getting that. Daughter-in-law, What do you think?" Jamie asked referring to me and I chuckled.

"I think the dress is cute, Turn around lemme see." I told her and she did as told. "Yeah the dress is cute, Niya you trippin tammat it's ugly."

"Ion like how the back look, look at it." She nodded at the back of the dress as Jamie stood in front of the mirror looking at herself. "It's way too revealing likeee you're not grown."

"Girl bye, I'm getting this one." Jamie rolled her eyes "Y'all wanna get something to eat before we go?"

"I think Victoria Secret and bath and body works having a sale so we should go in there after we get something to eat then we could go home and get ready." I told her and she turned her head looking at me confused.

"What? Get ready for what?"

"Mama, since you won't be able to celebrate your birthday tomorrow, we're going out to eat. While you were in the dressing room, Mai and I talked about it and told Ja and Daddy." Niya lied.

"Y'all know y'all don't have to, Thank y'all though." Jamie smiled "Let me put my clothes back on then we could go." She said before going into the dressing room, and it took her a while to change before she walked out with everything she wanted to buy.

"Good afternoon, Is that all for today?" The cashier asked and all three of us nodded as Jamie placed all the clothes on the counter and the cashier checked them out "Your total is $548.22."

I took Jamel's card out of my wallet and paid for everything before putting the card back inside of my wallet, I grabbed all the bags and gave some to Niya while I held some.

"Y'all I know it's my birthday weekend but you guys do not need to hold my bags."

"Really? Here take em." Niya and I both said at the same time as we handed her the bags, and she gave us an odd look.

"Wait, I don't mean it for real when I say y'all don't have to hold my bags, It's literally my birthday weekend like?" She scoffed handing us the bags and me and Niya looked at each other before we all started laughing waking out the store.

"I'm craving some Chick-fil-A bad." Niya said as we started making our way to the food court "But then again if I eat it now I'll be too full to eat something at the restaurant and I checked their menu and I don't want to miss out on eating that food at all."