47.

excuse any mistakes...

SEMAIJAH

"Okay the makeup look coming together niceee." My makeup artist, Kennedy smiled brushed a soft layer of foundation onto my skin.

"Thank you, You know how to make me look good. They was thinking of finding somebody else to do my makeup because they saw that you were booked but I was like nah, I need Kennedy."

Kennedy grinned "I appreciate the love, Semaijah. And don't worry, I'll always make time for you. You nervous?" She asked and I chuckled because I thought I was hiding it well.

"Yeah I am. I've been in the singing game for a long time now and I'm still nervous every show I have. I don't know when I'm gonna stop being nervous."

Last week marked the beginning of my highly anticipated world tour, a journey that would take me to countless cities and allow me to connect with fans from all corners of the globe.

"And that's completely normal. Nerves show that you care, that you're passionate about what you do. It's what keeps you grounded and gives you that extra spark on stage." Kennedy stated and I closed my eyes as she applied the eyeshadow, blending the colors together effortlessly.

"I remember when you first started performing at small events and shit now look at youuu." Kennedy continued. "You've come so far and yet you still are the same Semaijah. I love that."

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips "Thank you so much Ken. You're so sweet."

"You're welcome bae. You deserve all the success that has and is coming your way. Today's Namiko's birthday, right?" Kennedy asked, and I nodded. "What y'all doing for miss sassy pants?"

Namiko, at five years old, has a spirited and lively personality that never failed to make us smile. Kennedy isn't lying about the sassy pants though.
Her sassy responses kept everyone on their toes. She had a way of effortlessly asserting herself and voicing her opinions, even at such a young age. She's unapologetically herself and never shies away from showing her true colors. It's a trait I admire in her, even if it means dealing with a lot.

"Tonight we're going out to eat then Saturday we're throwing her a birthday party. You should come with Kami and Bria." I mentioned her kids.

"Aw she's coming down here?"

"Yeah, she's been asking about it all week. I think they just landed too." I checked my phone.

"Y'all throwing the party here or in Memphis?"

"We're throwing it in Memphis."

"Oh! Then I'll definitely be there. You know Bria and Kami love them some Namiko. It's a party for real when all three of them are together."

I chuckled at Kennedy's response, nodding. "We're going to the spa before the party and all her friends are going to be there. I'll send you the address so you could bring Kami and Bria also."

Kennedy smiled "Y'all going all out for Namiko, I know that's right."

"Her birthday is a whole holiday." I chuckled.

I turned my head towards the sound of Namiko's voice and saw her running towards me, "Mommy!" She yelled jumping on my lap.

"Hey Nami Baby."