𝟏𝟔.

excuse any mistakes...

SEMAIJAH

"Damn it's hella people here, Where you wanna sit?" Ja asked me and I shrugged looking around the park seeing that it was packed with people watching the jazz music people play.

There was a jazz in the park event going on today and since today is me and Jamel's last day in California we didn't want to do much than relax. Since Jamel arrived, we have only been having fun outside so this day of chill is needed.

"I don't want to be around everybody so we could go over there." I pointed at a space far away from everybody but we could still see the jazz players.

Even though we won't be focused on them. We're going to play a card game called A thread that everyone on TikTok swears is the best card game for getting to know someone and it's fun, so I purchased it this morning to see whether it's enjoyable for real.

"Aight." He nodded, and we began heading over to the small space, where Jamel spread out the small blanket that we had brought with us before we both sat down on it, and I began taking the snacks and game from my purse.

I picked up the game and took the plastic off and opened the box grabbing the rules and started reading the paper "So basically this is just like 20 questions, You pick up a card ask me the question and I answer and that's how you play it?"

"We could've did that shit ourselves instead of buying the game." Jamel kissed his teeth.

"Chile let's hope the questions are as fun as everyone is making it out to me." I picked up all of the cards and started shuffling them before placing them in the middle "Go first."

"Why you can't go first?"

"Why do I have to go first when you could go first? But since you don't want to, I will." I picked up one of the cards and turned it over "What's a bad habit that you have?"

"I like raining on my own parade. Everytime I accomplish something and should be proud and instead of being that I'm always thinking it ain't much and I gotta do better. Ion even know where that shit becoming from, You?"

a/n: it's a parade inside my city yeaaa.

"I overthink a lot. Like a lot."

"You're just a curious person."

"My overthinking is so bad that it's not even about me just being curious. I could notice a change in how someone's acting and I'll automatically think it's because of me when that person could just be having a bad day, I like to blame it on my mama though."

"Why?"

"Because when I was younger and I wouldn't want to do something that she wanted me to do she would give me the silent treatment and now it's affecting me as an adult, I'm working on it though."

He nodded and picked up a card "What's your idea of a perfect date?" He placed the card down.

"I don't know." I shrugged "It just has to be a date that brings laughs, romance, and great conversation. A aquarium date would kind of be cute."

do you believe in soulmates? if so, do you think you could have more than one?

"Yeah and nah, The fuck you mean more than one soulmate? Only one and done." He said and I laughed at this response to the second part of the question, That riled something in him.