27.

excuse any mistakes...

SEMAIJAH

I stood in the conference room's corner, observing as members of my record label took their seats around the table. They had all just finished listening to my album and I was excited and nervous to hear what they thought.

After a few minutes, Naomi leaned back in her chair and spoke up. "This is really good."

"Your voice has never sounded better, and the production is top-notch. We're going to have a hit on our hands." Chris stated.

"Thank you," I said, feeling a smile spread across my face. "I'm so happy that you guys like it."

Leonardo leaned forward, "We don't just like it, Semaijah. We love it. This album has so much potential. We can't wait to start promoting it and getting it out to the world."

"I love the lyrics on the first track, They really set the tone for the rest of the album and the production on the third track is amazing," Ezra added. "The beats are so tight and the bass hits hard."

Harper chimed in next. "This album is a major step forward for you. You've really found your sound, and I think it's going to resonate with a lot of people."

"That's what I was hoping for. I wanted this album to be authentic to who I am as an artist."

"So, let's talk about the release strategy. We're thinking of starting with a single and then following up with the album a few weeks later. What do you think?"

"I think that could work. Which song are you thinking of for the single?" I asked.

Maya pulled out a piece of paper. "We think 'Stranger' would be a strong choice. It's a strong song with a powerful message and it has a great hook, and I think it will really go with people."

I nodded. "I like that idea."

David leaned back in his chair. "Alright then, it's settled. We'll start with 'Stranger' as the single and release the album a few weeks later. We'll put together a full marketing plan. I have a feeling that you're going to be a major player in the music industry for years to come."

I grinned. "Thanks."

"Now we need to talk about the publicity stunt with Ja Morant." Lauren said "Now that your album is done, we think it's time to end it."

I breathed a sigh of relief knowing damn well I was sad about ending the publicity stunt "I agree," I said. "It's been fun, but it's time to move on."

The other members of the team nodded. "We're glad you feel that way." one of them said. "We just want to make sure that we handle the end of the publicity stunt in the right way."

"What do you suggest?" I asked.

"We were thinking that you could post something on Instagram to let people know that your relationship with Ja is over. Maybe a quote about moving on or something like that. And then unfollow him."

I nodded. I thought about that already but whatever. "Sure, I can do that. What kind of quote were you thinking?"

My publicist pulled out her phone and scrolled through some options. "How about this one?" she said, showing me the screen. "'I'll remove myself before I allow anger to consume me. I like to love. I like to be happy so if I gotta distance myself to keep things that way I will.'"