41.

excuse any mistakes..

SEMAIJAH

The sun filtered through the curtains and I stirred awake. My eyes focused on the tiny bassinet next to my bed, where Namiko peacefully slept. Ja was sound asleep in the chair beside the bassinet exhaustion evident on his face and his head tilted slightly to the side as he snored softly. I stretched and let out a soft yawn before carefully getting out of bed and walking over to the bassinet. I gazed down at Namiko, her tiny hands balled up into fists as she slept.

"You're up!" The nurse smiled as she walked into the room. "Good morning! How are you feeling?"

I turned to face the nurse, offering her a tired but grateful smile. "Good morning. I'm feeling a bit sore, but overall, I'm doing okay."

"That's normal after giving birth. Your body has been through a lot. But don't worry, You're going to start to feel better soon, How is baby Namiko?" The nurse asked.

I looked down at Namiko with a soft smile, "She is doing great. She slept through the night."

The nurse's smile widened. "That's wonderful to hear! Let me check her vitals and make sure everything is still okay."

The nurse approached the bassinet, gently lifting Namiko. She checked her vitals, ensuring everything was within the normal range. As she did so, I watched anxiously.

"Everything looks good. Namiko is a healthy, happy baby. Her heart rate is steady, and she's maintaining a healthy body temperature. She's not showing any signs of distress, and her weight is within the expected range for a newborn."

I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. "Thank God."

The nurse smiled reassuringly at me. "Based on her physical assessment and gestational development, Namiko was carried to term. Just a few days before. Your due date was supposed to be October 1st but Namiko decided to come September 25th."

"Wowwwwww. This is sooo shocking."

"I know right, This is literally the first time I've ever experienced someone go through this here." The nurse said "She is a fighter, that's for sure. And she's definitely keeping us all on our toes."

I chuckled softly, "Literally."

"I have to check your vitals. You could hold her after I finish checking them."

I nodded and sat back down on the bed giving the nurse access to check my vitals. She efficiently went about her task, measuring my blood pressure and pulse while I eagerly awaited the moment when I could hold Namiko. As the nurse finished checking my vitals, she smiled. "Your vitals are looking good, Semaijah. Your body is recovering well, which is excellent news. Now, let's get you settled so you can have some precious bonding time with your little one."

With her assistance, I adjusted myself in bed, ensuring that I was comfortable and ready to hold Namiko. The nurse carefully placed her back in my arms, and the moment our skin touched, both me and Namiko started smiling. Namiko stirred and blinked her eyes open, Her eyes widened as she looked up at me and I pouted at her tiny features, her eyes darted around the room, taking in the new surroundings.

"Hey Baby." I whispered "You're so beautiful."

"Congratulations on beautiful Baby Namiko again, The doctor should be coming in but for now, enjoy this special moment with your little one. You could let us know if you need anything."

"Thank you so much," I said, my gaze still fixed on Namiko. "I will."

I nestled into the pillows behind me, cradling Namiko in my arms. Her fingers curled around mine, They were so perfectly formed. She looked up at me with wide, curious eyes and I felt my heart swell. I had never felt shit like this before.

I brushed my finger against Namiko's soft cheek, my voice soft and tender as I spoke to her, even though I knew she couldn't understand my words. "Hey baby, I'm your mommy." I smiled down at her, "It's just you and me right now because Daddy is sleeping."

I turned my gaze to Ja, who was starting to stir from his sleep. His eyes slowly opened, and he blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the light in the room. I chuckled softly as Ja's eyes met mine, still filled with traces of sleep.

"Your Daddy is awake." I looked at Namiko.

Jamel got up and made his way over to the bed kissing my temple "Good Morning."

"Hiii." I greeted him with a smile.

Ja's eyes shifted to Namiko, who was still cradled in my arms. His expression softened, and he reached out a hand to gently touch her tiny fingers.

"You was doing allat talking to Nomi and she ain't understand not one word you said." He chuckled calling Namiko by the nickname that he came up with for her and I rolled my eyes.

"Boy Bye my baby a genius. She understands every word I said, don't you, Sweet girl?"

Namiko blinked up at us, seemingly captivated by our voices. Her tiny hand reached up, as if trying to grasp at the sound of our voices.

"Guess what I found out."

Ja looked at me curiously, "Whatchu found out?"

"We probably would've had to dealt with each other without the whole fake thing going on."

"Whatchu mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Namiko was just born five days before her due date. I did the math and it was when the new years thing happened. Before that one night with you I was literally celibate."

"Wowww this shit crazy. Imagine if that stunt ain't happen this woulda been funny." Ja laughed.

"Mhm, Hold her I gotta go pee." I told Jamel and Keanu put some hand sanitizer on before grabbing Namiko from me. I made my way to the bathroom, taking care of my own needs before wiping and flushing the toilet then washing my hands and walked out the bathroom.

"I gotta talk to you about sum." Ja stated.

"What's up?" I climbed in the bed and laid on my arm looking at Jamel and Namiko.

"I want you to move in with me."

I raised my eyebrows, "Move in with you? Like, live together?" I clarified.

"Yeah. We basically already live together, You over at my house everyday and I want Nomi to be in a house with both of her parents there."

"Okay. Yes I'll move in with you."
•••

this definitely the shortest chapter ive ever written in a while.