38.

excuse any mistakes..

SEMAIJAH

I woke up to the gentle sound of waves crashing against the shore and as I opened my eyes, I saw the rays of the morning sun filtering through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the room. I turned to my side and saw Ja still peacefully asleep. His face was relaxed, and I couldn't help but smile. Gently, I reached out and brushed one of his dreads from his forehead.

Should I wake him up? I think I should.

"Bae wake up." I whispered, planting a kiss on his cheek.

Ja stirred and slowly opened his eyes, his gaze meeting mine. "Morning." Ja mumbled, his voice husky with sleep. He reached out and pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around me in a hug. "What time is it?"

"I can't check the time with you holding me."

"We don't gotta know the time then."

"Boy moveeee." I dragged gently extracting myself from his arms, I grabbed my phone from off the nightstand beside our bed "It's 12:49."

Ja groaned before sitting up stretching. "Aight come on, We got hella shit to do today." He said rubbing his eyes before getting out of the bed.

I got out of bed and me and Ja took a shower together and after our shower, we did our skincare routine and went off to getting dressed for the day. I was wearing a sundress and sandals while Ja was wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top, his long dreads tied back in a bun. As we finished getting ready, we made our way out of the house ready to start our day's adventures.

"What's first?" I asked him.

"We gon get some breakfast to eat then rafting."

"Rafting?" I furrowed my eyebrows "I ain't never heard of that before, What's that?"

"Told you we trying everything new down here. It's like a lil rollercoaster ride on water."

I raised an eyebrow, "Aight I just learned to stop being scared of swimming yesterday, I ain't that experienced."

"You gon be good. They got guides there making sure we safe." Ja reassured me and I nodded.

We arrived at the breakfast spot, and we enjoyed a delicious meal and after we finished eating we headed to the rafting center where we were greeted by guides and a whole bunch of people who were also going to be joining us.

"Hello everybody!" The guide greeted us. "Welcome to our rafting center. My name is Neezy, and I will be your guide for today's adventure."

He went on to explain the techniques for paddling, how to hold onto the raft, and what to do in case we fell out. After the safety instructions, we were given our equipment and loaded onto the rafts. Ja and I were in the same raft with three other people. Neezy, our guide, took his position at the back of the raft and began giving us instructions on when to paddle and how to maneuver through the rapids.

"Are you guys ready?" Neezy asked.

"Yes!"

Neezy smiled and nodded "Alright, let's do this! Remember, listen to my commands and work together as a team. We're in this together!"