𝟏𝟏.

excuse any mistakes..

SEMAIJAH

"I don't mean to, I don't mean to but I love you." The background beat was playing loudly as I sang to myself. I decided to record what I had heard in my songwriting notebook after giving it some thought then moving on to come up with another verse.

"Everybody's like he's no item, please don't like 'em he don't like em' he one nights em." I sung before scrunching my face up not liking how the lyric sounded "Yeah I don't know about that one."

"What you mean?" Luca turned around.

"I don't like the 'please don't like em he don't like em he one nights em" part. I just don't think that sounds right. But I can come up with something else. What do you think?" I looked up from my notepad.

"Sing it again, Let me start it over and we gone see if it sound right and you not overthinking." He gave me a knowing look and I chuckled.

Once he started the beat over I started singing all the lyrics that I had currently.

I don't mean to, I don't mean to
But I love you
Everybody's like "He's no item"
"Please don't like 'em" "He don't like 'em"
"He one nights 'em"

"Yeah that don't sound right." Luca started rubbing his beard "Try 'please don't like em he don't wife em' Everything else is good for real."

"Alright." I nodded and he moved the beat back to the part where I was supposed to be singing those lyrics. "Everybody's like he's no item please don't like em he don't wife em he one nights em. I never listen, no. I shoulda figured though."

"Yeah we keeping that in there, Get to writing." Luca clapped and I started smiling before picking up my pen and writing the lyrics down in my book.

"I shoulda figured though all that shit you was spittin so unoriginal but it was you so I was with it."

"Mannnn when I say Analia gon be acting like I did her sum when you put this song out? Every time she listening to one of yo songs she act so heartbroken like I be doing her wrong." Luca kissed his teeth mentioning his fiancé.

"I know that's right. That's my sister girl for real."

"Fuck the both of y'all. When yo interview?"

"Ten."

"Semaijah it's 8 and you still here? You know it be taking you years to get ready."

"Time goes by so fast when you're actually enjoying yourself oh my gosh. Send me the beat so I could get my lyrics together later."

I stood up after putting my songwriting notebook in my Prada Terry tote bag.

"I will. Be safe, Aight?"

"I will. You be safe too and tell Analia and the babies that I said hey." I gave him a side hug "How are they by the way? I haven't seen them in years."

"Semaijah you just saw them last week."

"Really? It feels like years to me so I'm just going to say that I haven't seen my babies in years. They just turned 5 months the other day right? I gotta go to the mall and buy them some gifts."