𝟑𝟎.

excuse any mistakes...

SEMAIJAH

"Semaijah Summers?" The nurse peered over the clipboard.

"Surprised she pronounced it right." I mumbled getting up before walking over to her.

"Girl I'm tryna act as calm as possible so I don't scare anybody in this room, I love your music."

"Thank you, I'm happy you love my music. Do you want a picture?" I asked her and she nodded "Come on let's take a picture." She pulled her phone out and we took a couple of pictures before she went back into being a nurse mode.

"Can you tell me a bit about why you're here today?" Nurse Davis asked as she led me into the examination room.

"I've just been feeling really tired lately, and I missed my period." I replied, feeling a bit nervous. Yeah I'm happy that she loves my music but telling a fan this really isn't something good, What if she goes and runs to the media telling them this shit?

"I see. Have you been experiencing any other symptoms?" She wrote down in her clipboard.

"Well, I've been having mood swings and feeling more emotional than usual." I said, thinking back to the past few weeks "I'm naturally an emotional person and I've had many mood swings before but recently it's just been too much. Not normal."

Nurse Davis nodded as she scribbled something down on her clipboard. "Okay, have you noticed any changes in your appetite or weight?"

I shook my head. "No, not really."

Nurse Davis looked at me. "You probably think this is weird telling a fan all of this information but trust me I'm not telling anyone. The most people are going to know is that I met you. I don't want to lose my job and I don't want to spread your information out, That's weird."

"Okay thank you." I let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to ask you a few more questions, if that's okay. Have you been sexually active? It could be anytime around this month."

I hesitated for a moment, feeling a bit uncomfortable. "Yes," I finally admitted "But we've always been safe and used protection."

"Okay, that's good to know. It's still possible to get pregnant even when using protection, though. Have you taken a pregnancy test?"

"No," I replied, feeling my anxiety levels rise. "I just wanted to come in to make sure my health is good and to see what's going on with my body."

Nurse Davis nodded. "I completely understand. We'll make sure to do a full check-up and run some tests to figure out what's going on. We'll also do a pregnancy test to rule that out as a possibility."

"Okay." I said.

Nurse Davis then proceeded to take my vitals, including my blood pressure, temperature, and weight. After that, she left the room and told me to change into a gown so that Dr. Witty could come in for the exam. As I changed into the gown, my mind was racing with different possibilities of what could be going on with my body. I tried my best to push those pregnancy thoughts away and focus on the present moment but I just couldn't.