chapter 1

It was June, the fourteenth to be exact, the weather was warm and Maya was getting ready for Garfield High School's Alumni Night in Mount Baker.

- "Maya are you ready?!" Asked Andy, her roommate and best friend.

- "almost."

- "I don't know why you want to impress them. You were the star of our high school, everyone loves you and you won an Olympic medal after high school. You're world famous in sports, I don't know who you're trying to convince... They will all envy you and kiss your ass. Not to mention you're the youngest captain of Seattle's best station and all in less than fifteen years."

-"That's right, I have to be perfect."

- "you're infuriating. You'll be the main attraction of the evening. I already know they asked you to give a speech and asked if they could post pictures of you in London and everything.

- "do you read my mail?"

- "you mean the one you leave lying around on the kitchen counter?"

- "well what do you think?!" Asked Maya as she finally came out of her bathroom and looked at Andy sitting on her bed.

- "wowww... Maya... Even I want to sleep with you now" the blonde was wearing a shiny black dress open on the ribs and lower back, reaching her mid-thigh.

- "you're a annoying"

- "what?! Isn't that what reunions are for? To show those who rejected you what they missed?!"

- "because you think I have someone to impress?!"

- "you never know, a straight one or two. Didn't you hit on Jo and Lexie when we were juniors?"

- "it's possible... But they were straight, remember? It's even in your sentence."

- "do you know if she'll be there?"

- "I don't think so... It's been... A long time... And then she is in Europe... Last I heard"

Seeing that Maya's look had changed a little, as it did every time they talked... About her..., Andy continued:

- "ok so you put on this... Dress... Is that long enough to be called a dress? To impress no one?"

- "just because you're going with your grandmother's dress and because you're dating your high school sweetheart, doesn't mean I don't have to dress up a little!"

- "you could be nice"

- "and you could leave me alone..."

- "does my dress really look like a grandmother?"

- "no, I wanted to be mean"

- "shall we go downstairs?"

- "aren't we waiting for Ryan?"

- "he'll be here in two minutes"

- "Do you think tonight's the night?"

- "I don't know if he's going to propose, but he's been so weird for a week"

- "you've been together for what fifteen years?!"

- "seventeen"

- "seventeen years with the same person, I don't know how you do it"

- "we don't all change conquests every night"

- "I don't change my conquest every night"

- "every Wednesday excuse me!"

- "you decided to mess with me today?"

- "just the... Last twenty five years"

- "twenty five years of friendship... I think you and I are a habit and we should just break up."