chapter 24

The next morning they were up late. The award ceremony was only on Sunday, and once again they found themselves in the middle of the big bed, intertwined.

-"You're the only person in the world I can sleep with like this" Carina said when she woke up, seeing that Maya's eyes were already open.

-"You are the only person in the world I can sleep with".

Carina had raised herself up slightly, she had come to put her hand flat on the blonde's upper chest and rested her chin on the back of her hand.

- "I made love to an Olympic champion" she said with a smile.

-"I am, I am an Olympic champion... I, I can't believe it."

- "you became Olympic champion by breaking your own record and having a sprain, Maya, you are the most impressive person on this earth, your strength, your mental, you are the most exceptional being in the world"

-"I just ran you know, I didn't find a cure for cancer"

-"Maya, you've been training for years to reach a goal you set for yourself and you reached it, don't misunderstand me".

- "I'm not minimizing it... I don't think I realize it."

-"You'll realize it tomorrow when you stand on that podium, and get that medal around your neck, you'll realize it when you get more messages on Instagram, from lovely girls throwing themselves at your neck"

- "all the medalists are going to be photographed with the people they love the most in the world, posing with their wives, husbands, children, mothers, and, and, I would have loved to get that medal and hug you, no matter the cameras, no matter the paparazzi... And instead... I would get my father, the one who ran you off two nights ago."

- "but I'm here now... And I'll be here after your award ceremony, and I'll be here until you leave this hotel room".

- "you'll be here, and then nothing"

- "bambina, today is a happy day, you won!"

- "so why is it that when I look into your eyes, I tell myself that this prize is not the one I always wanted?"

- "we've talked about this before... I really hope that one day you and I can look forward to being..."

- "real?"

- "we're real, my feelings for you are real, and so are yours. Don't ever say we're not real!"

- "excuse me"

- "I really hope that one day you and I can be together, for... Eternity, but we both know that's not an option right now..."

- "an Olympic medal... It's not so bad"

-"Tell yourself that all your life, you will know what this medal could represent for us, what it offered us... Your presence here, this hotel room... The proof that you can meet the love of your life young..."

-"The proof that loving someone more than your own life is not the proof that you will be able to be with that person"

- "Maya, you're depressing"

- "no, I'm madly in love with you"

- "don't you want to show me some of that love, rather than undermine my mood?" She asked as she brought her lips to hers and stopped herself before they touched : "how's your ankle?"

- "my ankle is craving for my lips to show you how much I love you."

They had then gone to the shower and Carina had received a message.