chapter 69

Maya and Carina had landed in Catania on Monday at two o'clock. Gabriella had come to pick them up at the airport to drive the few kilometers that separated them from the seaside hotel that Carina had booked for their arrival. She did not want to go to her father's house, and she did not want to stay with her childhood best friend either, who, in her memory, was far too enterprising with the woman she loved.

- "Mamma Mia!!! Maya Bishop for real!"

- "nice to meet you officially Gabriella"

- "dio mio you look even hotter in person!"

- "scusi?!" Ask Carina

- "Cosa? È vero, scusami ma è davvero troppo sexy. Se non dici di sì alla sua prossima proposta, lo farò io per te e farò ore e ore di sesso anch'io." [What? It's true, excuse me but she is really too hot. If you don't say yes to her next proposal, I'll do it for you and I'll have hours and hours of sex too].

- "I think we're finally getting on a plane back to the States!"

- "why?" Maya asked.

- "Is Gabriella talking too fast for you?"

- "yes and I'm really used to your voice or Andrea's...your accents..."

- "Gabriella wants to steal you from me"

- "you forget an important detail"

- "which is?"

- "you're the only person in the world I've ever been in love with, and you're the only person I want, and on top of that, you're the most beautiful woman in the world"

- "perfetto" answered Carina leaning to kiss her. But Gabriella had interrupted them even before their lips touched.

- "Allora, have you met Charles?"

- "yes"

- "and before you ask, no drama in sight." Carina clarified

- "I liked Charles, Kate and their children"

- "bene... Shall we go?" She said, a little disappointed.

Gabriella had led the girls until the hotel and she had waited for them at the bar of this one the time that they assemble their luggage.

-"I always think that I miss Gabri... And she hit on the woman that I love" made Carina vexed while going up in the elevator.

- "because you brought back a lot of women you loved to Gabriella?" Asked Maya while coming to take her size.

-"You understood me, it is not the first time that she hit on you".

- "she doesn't hit on me... She's being... Her Italian, like you did when I met you".

- "yes and look where it got us..."

- "you say that like it bothers you"

The Italian had exhaled: "of course not... It's just that... arghhh! I love her she's my best friend but..."

- "but I love you... And you're the only woman I see, and the only one who matters to me" Maya answered, coming to take her by the waist, before the elevator doors opened again on their floor this time.