chapter 31

- "how did your Saturday night end?!"

- "Hi Taryn, how are you Taryn? I'm fine thanks..."

- "Hi Carina, how are you?"

- "I'm fine thank you and you?"

- "I'm fine thank you, so how did your Saturday night end?"

- "Sunday morning at six o'clock"

- "what?! What did you do until six?!"

- "we're falling in love again?!..."

- "are you back together??"

- "no, but I could feel every cell in my body wanting to scream at her that I was in love with her..."

- "and then what?"

- "we went to a dinner, with an incredible cheesecake by the way, and I told her... What had changed in my life since... Her."

- "you told her about Charlie?"

- "Yes," Carina said with a lump in her throat.

- "ooohhh Bella"

- "It's okay. So yes, I told her about Charlie, her illness, Charles, Tom, my role as a teacher, how I got there... I told her I went to her station a few weeks ago and saw her with a girl..."

- "you didn't tell me that!"

- "not the most glorious moment of my life"

- "Carina I am your best friend, your American best friend and you didn't tell me that?!"

-"A few weeks ago, I did some research and saw that Maya was the captain of Station 19. So I got up the courage to go there... And I talked to a guy at the entrance and when he showed me Maya's office I saw her through the glass door kissing a girl."

- "oh!"

- "wait... It gets worse. Remember how she had a sprain when I came in?"

- "the girl who had pushed her?"

-"Yes, well, it was her! They fell on each other, well, not long before and they slept together... She had forgotten her jacket at Maya's, she came to the station to get it and she kissed her" she said with a disgusted face

- "oh those stories! Are you going to see each other again?"

- "I ate at her place last night"

- "what?!"

- "with her and Andy!"

- "oh my god..." she said, all teary-eyed

- "not oh my god, I fell in love with Maya all over again, but I also realized that I wasn't ready..."

-"Carina, that was, that was six years ago."

- "I know but I know that Maya would make me happy but I'm not ready, I don't want to forget him"

- "you won't forget him. And he would want you to be happy".

- "I'm not ready"

- "don't worry, honey"

- "this daaaaance Saturday night!" Jo said as she came up behind Carina

This one had turned around and had thrown a black glance to her colleague.

- "you could have warned me"

- "no, you would have run away, you would have tried to make me change this video, you would not have reacted as you did, it was natural. The desire was always there between you... Tell me... Is your brother coming on site today?"