chapter 61

Between the visit to Grandma Gaga's and the long weekend they were going to spend in Wisconsin with Lucia and her partner Jerry, Maya and Carina had managed to schedule their weekend at the Lake Crescent Lodge on the Olympic Peninsula.

Since she was a captain, this was the first time Maya had gone so far from the barracks and she was a little stressed, but the Italian insisted that this would prepare her for their Thanksgiving weekend and their trip to Europe.

Whether they took the toll road, the ferry road or the road without tolls, the time was concretely the same within a few minutes.

So they opted for the road, which was three minutes longer because they would not have tolls, but still three minutes shorter than if they had opted for the ferry.

The drive to Lake Crescent Lodge on the Olympic Peninsula was three hours, not to be confused with Lake Crescent, which was only an hour away, but with a much less scenic and beautiful view.
There they would be in the middle of the woods, surrounded by a few waterfalls, while Lake Crescent near Tacoma was a simple lake.

The captain had driven all the way and the Italian had spent the way with her hand on her thigh, her head turned towards her, looking at her lovingly. They had talked a little, sung a little, and they had also remained in a comfortable silence.

- "are you done?"

- "of?"

- "to look at me?"

- "you drive... What else do you want me to do?"

- "the landscape is beautiful"

- "but you are so much more" the blonde had blushed. "Dio mio... Who reacts like that bambina? Who can blush when the person she has loved for sixteen years, tells her she is beautiful?"

- "you say that, as if my reaction was over the top..."

- "a little..."

- "when the most beautiful woman in the world tells you that you are beautiful... It has that effect."

Carina had come close to Maya to speak in her ear.

- "because you often tell yourself that you are beautiful?" She had whispered.

-"you're going to get us into an accident... Can we keep a vital space when we drive?"

- "Just when we're driving then, because between you and me... My life space is in your arms".

Maya had taken Carina's hand on her thigh and intertwined their fingers.
She had kissed the back of the Italian's hand.

"When are we getting there?"

- "Another thirty minutes, why?"

- "if you are in the same room as me... Unless I'm asleep, it's a real torture to be three hours, without putting my lips on yours ..."

- "yet three months ago..."

- "Heyyy!"

- "what?" Maya asked with a smile.