chapter 66

It had been a little over two weeks since Maya returned to work. Carina spent her day sending messages to her since the resumption. She needed to know when her partner was going on an intervention, when she was coming back, when she was at the barracks. She had to know in advance what kind of intervention it was going to be or if it was going to last long. She had even downloaded this app to follow every move of the station nineteen.

As soon as she finished the job she would go to the barracks to check that her companion was still in one piece. And she didn't accept the slightest scratch on her body, without explaining it in detail.

-"You've almost become her mother," said Jack, as Carina looked at a scratch Maya got from a branch just above the arch of her head, while she sat her down on the break room table and between her legs.

- "Don't mess with me Jack" replied the Italian, raising her index finger towards him.

-"It's just a scratch. She'll be fine."

- "she's not supposed to damage her pretty face"

- "pretty really?" Asked the man with a slight grimace.

- "I have respect for my lover so yes, in front of you I would say pretty, but I grant you, that word is far too bland to describe her"

- "amore, I think he meant the opposite..."

- "I know what he meant, and he's wrong, he's just jealous." She had run her hands over Maya's cheeks. "You're the most beautiful woman in the world" her thumb had passed over the blonde's lips.

- "but I have this" Jack said, flashing his charming smile.

- "I'm supposed to be charmed?" Carina asked as she raised an eyebrow at the man, which had made Maya smile and turn the Italian's head towards her.
"That smile there though..." She had exhaled and a slight groan had left her throat. "I'd sell my soul to the devil to see it forever."

Maya had redoubled her smile and moved closer to the brunette to kiss her, but Carina hadn't let her.

"I'm still mad! You're not supposed to get hurt and cross out your face so perfect!"

- "cross out?" Maya and Jack laughed.

- "isn't that how they say it?"

- "scratch, hurt, skin... Cross out is more for a pan or your phone."

- "I don't see the difference"

- "I am not an object"

Carina had brought her mouth close to her ear: "It depends... You make a very good sextoy... Very very good..."

Maya had cleared her throat and Jack had smiled, "was that a sex thing?"

- "you, I don't want to hear you!" Said the captain, holding up her finger. The young man had raised his hands in the air and had left the two women by going in reverse.

- "who's coming on Saturday?"

- "Andy, Ryan, Vic, Travis and Emmett, Theo, Dean, Jack and on your side you saw with whom?"

- "Andrea and Jo, Taryn, Alex and with, Levi, Link, Jackson and April, and Mase."

- "and is that good for everyone?"