chapter 37

It had been a while since they had slept together and waking up in each other's arms was all that mattered at that moment.

- "Hi there."

- "hi there... what a vision"

- "mine is better... So are you still coming with me?"

- "are you sure you don't mind?"

- "no, and you already know Andy"

- "right"

They had gotten ready and picked up some pastries for the firehouse before heading over.

- "Carina!!!" Andy said as she came down the stairs a little too quickly when she saw her friend. She had come to hug the brunette, "what are you doing here?"

- "I haven't been here in fifteen years, so I wanted to come, because Maya is a captain and I wanted to see this."

- "and I no hello?" Asked the blonde

- "roh it's okay we see each other three days a week!"

- "oh, is that how you answer your captain?"

- "no that's how I answer my best friend... Hi Captain Bishop, how are you today?"

- "fine and you Lieutenant Herrera?"

- "I'll be fine once I take your place."
Carina looked at the two women in turn.
"Because you will be battalion chief of course"

- "you might be captain Herrera if you didn't spend your free time with a young man... A policeman to boot".

- "not all of us have the love of our lives who let us have a career waiting to evolve and now returns..."

- "oh yes, it's true that it was simple during..." Began the Italian

- "fifteen?" asked Andy.

-"Yes, fifteen years," answered Carina, which earned her Maya's big eyes.

-"What are you two hiding from me?"

-"Nothing!" Maya answered. "I'm going to get dressed and I'll be right there".

- "dio mio" made Carina lowering her eyes on the blonde who was entering her office.

-"Are you coming up with me?" Herrera asked. "It's not like you're going to go watch Maya strip down and get dressed and..."

The Italian had turned toward the blonde's desk.

"Carina?!"

- "coming!!!"

The Italian had gone upstairs with the Puerto Rican while Maya was changing. They had stopped at the top of the stairs as they passed one of the blonde's lieutenants.

-"Hey, you're the girl who came to see Maya!" Jack said.

- "yes I am and you were at the front desk right?"

- "I marked you I see"

- "Jack don't even try" Andy warned him

-"I don't know what you're talking about".

- "you're not going to hit on Carina"

- "I'm a grown man, I think, right?"

- "I forgot how much you like chores"

- "Are you calling me a chore?" Carina asked

Andy had laughed, "no that's what he gets if he hits on you"

- "what do you mean?"

- "Maya, she'll make him do the chores we're all trying to get away from"

- "nooo! She won't do that" replied the Italian