chapter 21

It is at this moment that the Italian had again directed her glance on Maya and that she had been able to see that this one fixed her through the crowd.

---

Their eyes had then crossed.
They were both frozen, both returned to the past.

-"She must have changed in fifteen years" Andrea whispered to her sister.

- "in thirteen years... And no."

- "thirteen years? But this is the class of 2010 reunion and it's 2025, that's fifteen years."

/Flashback/

Maya was on her way to London for the Olympic Games of two thousand and twelve.
The posters of the participants were posted in the London Underground, that's where she had seen her; Carina was walking to take her subway when her eyes were raised on this poster.

** 2012 Olympics - women lead the way **

Several participants were on the poster, but she could only see one person, a memory from two years ago, Maya Bishop.

She had been staring at this poster much longer than she should have.

-"Are you interested in sports?" Thomas said, putting his arm around her shoulders.

- "Huh?! ... No, I waited for you" answered she by leaving her trance space.

-"We do something tonight?" He asked after kissing her.

- "uh, not tonight I have a big exam tomorrow"

- "you're way too serious miss DeLuca"

- "but that's why you love me, right?" She said as she took one last look at the poster and followed Tom to the underground.

- "right, the fact that you are the most beautiful girl in England has nothing to do with it"

- "at the same time it must be said that the English sometimes... you have original ... Heads...."

- "Original?" he asked, laughing

- "beauty is not your strong point"

- "so I'm ugly?"

- "no you are not ugly! I didn't say that! And I love you for your geekiness..."

- "you can't deny that we have beautiful women, Kate Beckinsale is English"

- "and Camilla Parker Bowles too" she answered laughing

At the exit of the subway they had passed again in front of this poster and Carina had looked at it again. And the same when they arrived in front of Oxford, on a huge billboard was Maya, alone this time.

-"Do you know her?"

- "who?"

- "the blonde on the poster"

- "no why?"

- "that's the third time you've looked at her. Unless you're into girls now?... I wouldn't mind a threesome between you two".

- "anything!" She laughed and pushed his shoulder.

- "what, admit that she's not bad!"

- "that's because she's not English!" Laughed the brunette

- "heyyyy!"

- "what's true, look at her tank top, she's in US colors"

- "oh yeah, and you keep talking about the amazing time you spent there"