chapter 5

On Friday Maya and Carina had spent some time with Mason.
The young man was always in awe of the Italian girl and she found that adorable.

The blonde was laughing at her little brother when the brunette had her back turned.
In the afternoon, while Carina was painting with Mase, Maya was training.

Her father had imposed that she run at least one hour a day except in exceptional cases.
Besides, she had a race on Sunday and she didn't want to miss it because it was nice to spend time with Carina.

She had her running shoes on and her headphones in her ears. She was wearing leggings and a tank top.

She had stretched in the hallway before leaving the house. The Italian had watched her every move and caught herself imagining what it would be like to touch her body.

Maya had turned her head to warn that she would be back an hour later and the brunette had frozen as if she had been caught red-handed. In reality, the blonde had completely missed the way Carina had looked at her.

- "Do you have a lover at home?" Mason asked once his sister had exited the house.

- "I had a boyfriend yes"

- "and he's not your boyfriend anymore?"

- "no"

- "why is that?"

- "because I'm going to be here a long time"

- "and so you're going to look for another boyfriend?"

- "I don't know if looking is the term but I'm not closed to meeting someone."

- "and you have something against younger boys?"

- "in general no. But to date... Yes... Thirteen is young. And then tomorrow I have a date with a boy my age."

- "ah"

- "but you'll find a girl your age"

- "they are a bit stupid sometimes"

- "I was a girl of your age"

- "oh that's right! So in four years I can meet a girl like you!"

- "it's possible, or even before. And then you know, boys are not necessarily better ... And even at my age".

-"Maya I think doesn't like boys".

-"Oh no?"

- "no, she never talks about boys, and she never looks at boys when we go out"

- "and you think she likes anything else?"

- "you mean girls?"

- "for example"

- "ooooh! That would be so cool!"

- "that she likes girls?"

- "well yeah don't you think?"

- "I don't know. At home in Italy, it's a bit taboo".

- "is it forbidden?"

- "it's not really forbidden, but it's not as open as here"

- "I don't care. And then it's true that I've already asked myself..."

- "I don't care either"

-"... But people can love who they want. And then don't tell her, but Maya is so cool. She's like the coolest person I know. And sometimes at school people ask me if she's my sister and they get jealous."

- "and you're okay with her being popular and people asking if you're her brother?"

-"No, it doesn't bother me and she runs really fast. You'll see on Sunday."