chapter 3

Her eyes had scanned the people present before she came upon a blonde with a 'Carina DeLuca' sign.

---

They both had a huge smile on their faces and the Italian woman had stepped forward.

-"Ciao," Carina said as she approached Maya, letting go of her bag and the handle of her suitcase to take her in her arms.

-"Hi" replied Maya, embarrassed.

- "excuse me, I love hugs" replied the brunette before giving her a kiss. "Sorry ... Usually, I know you don't kiss here".

- "it's ok" replied Maya with a little red cheeks.

- "you're smaller than I thought"

-"We're only two inches apart."

- "hmmm ... Ah yes the passport, I always forget".

- "Carina I introduce you my mother Katherine"

- "Nice to meet you Mrs. Bishop"

- "call me Katherine, nice to meet you Carina" replied the blonde's mother.
"let's go if you don't mind, we left Mason alone at home, I don't like it too much".

- "my mom is like a mother hen"

- "that's not true!" replied Katherine

- "yes she is" mimed Maya to Carina. "I'll take your suitcase" said the blonde, taking the brunette's luggage.

-"Thank you" she said with her most radiant smile, making the athlete blush.

They had arrived at the car and Maya offered Carina to sit in the front.

-"We can sit together in the back, if you don't mind, Katherine, of course."

-"Don't worry about me".

- "Maya?"

- "yes we can both get behind"

So they both got in the back of the car.

- "I just have to call my parents when we get to your house. And my brother."

- "you look close"

- "yeah, he's my favorite person in the world. You don't get along with Mason?"

- "I do, but we don't have the same interests. He's an artist and I'm an athlete."

- "Andrea is me as a boy and younger. It makes my dad desperate because he wants to be like me and I basically want to be like my mom. None of us want to be doctors like him."

- "He seems to like you a lot and to be very protective from what I saw on the webcam"

- "we are both very protective of each other"

Within twenty minutes Katherine had parked the car in the driveway of the house.

- "home sweet home" said Maya as she got out of the car.

-"you say that like you haven't been here in a really long time" laughed Carina.

- "that's what you'll have to say at home in a year"

- "a little less than a year"

- "certainly" she answered, taking the Italian's suitcase from the trunk.

"Did you bring your whole house or is your brother in that suitcase?"

- "you told me to bring warm clothes"

- "yes well we have some stores just in case."

- "I like... having choices".

- "I think with the weight you had to take one outfit a day... For a whole year!"