chapter 65

It had been more than a week since Maya's accident and eight days since she was able to return home. For Carina this time of year was busy with work. However, she had been able to take a vacation since Christmas Eve when Maya came in, so she was able to take care of her companion.

-"It's like training for our future children."

-"I know what it's like to care of a child. And I know what it's like to care of a child in the hospital... Or in care, like you are."

- "sorry love, I didn't mean it... Like this"

- "I know you didn't mean any harm and I'm not saying this to make you feel bad. It's just that I could never forget Charlie"

- "and I would never ask you to"

- "I know, and that's one of the reasons I love you"

- "you really don't mind if we go to the firehouse tonight?"

- "I'm more upset about you going back to work on Monday than I am about us going to see in the New Year with your colleagues."

- "with our friends"

- "with our friends, you're right"

- "but maybe you wanted to be alone like... Dr. Field said I could..."

Carina had approached her companion as they spoke in the kitchen to block her against the center island.

- "that you could... Or that I could."

- "it will definitely be up to you to touch me, but I was talking more in the sense that I could resume an... Intimate activity"

- "let's say you already know that we shouldn't be too late coming home from this New Year's Eve party."

- "you think? We can wait until tomorrow, you might be tired".

- "strangely... When I think of our two naked, sweaty bodies, sleeping is the last thing on my mind"

- "and... Now? I mean the day is still young, and we don't have to go to the barracks for at least another three solid hours"

- "believe me my love, nothing would make me happier than to make love to you now... But if we don't want to poison your firefighter with undercooked food, it's better that I keep on cooking... But I wouldn't mind, my gorgeous girlfriend to help me out, or to get pretty to turn my head tonight.... Because, Maya... I've been through hell on earth thinking you were dead, twice, and even though I've seen you for the last eight days at our house, recovering, getting better and better... I need privacy to know that you are still... You entirely."

- "entirely... They shortened my uterus, so they took out a part of me... I'm ninety-eight percent me let's say"

- "the only good thing about your condition is that I'm going to have to... Learn your new body, learn to make love to you... And you know how much I love learning."

- "and you know how much I love your touching me"

Carina had put her hands on Maya's cheeks and had come to kiss her.

"That's not really what I had in mind for your hands when I said touching me."

- "I know bambina, I know."

One of the Italian's hands had slipped out and come to take the blonde's collar in her fist.

"How could I not make love to you for over two months... And not manage to think of anything else for eight days?" Whispered the brunette, looking at her lips.

-"All I could think about was making love to you for those two and a half months"

- "me too.... But let's just say that since then, we haven't gone many days without doing it and right now, the only thing that keeps me going is telling myself that you were hurt and that's why we couldn't do anything"