chapter 40

After Maya's shift, they had gone to Carina's house.

-"You might have wanted to go to your house? You haven't been there in a while."

-"Now that you're my girlfriend again, I can tell you, you're my home."

- "you go get ready in the guest room and I'll go in mine, before I totally lose my mind".

They had gone to get ready on their own and when Maya came out Carina was already in the kitchen, with her back to her.

Carina had on black pants that came up to her chest with two straps like overalls and a white shirt underneath, her hair was loose and naturally wavy.

- "Am I allowed to touch your ass?"

- "you didn't ask me in your captain's room when you put your hands on my butt."

The blonde had come up and ran her hands over her buttocks, coming to grip the brunette's hips.

- "it was short but intense."

- "I would not want to enjoy it"

- "your girlfriend's body?"

- "of my girlfriend I would like her to turn around"

The Italian had turned to face her.

- "no!" she said, dropping her eyes on the blonde.

- "no what?"

- "this too is something that has changed and that I'll have a hard time getting used to, but that I already like very much"

- "what?"

- "a female Maya..." Did she tilt her head to look at the whole outfit of the blonde who wore a blouse of a very pale pink and an ochre skirt.

- "It does not ... I know that you knew me... Much less feminine and girls are not your thing..."

- "girls not, but the femme fatale in front of me... You are..." She began by running her finger through the opening of her shirt that was open to the middle of her breasts: "... Unreal"

- "What's good to eat?" Asked Maya to change the subject.

-"If only my mind could clear and I could answer 'you' I would start right away."

- "and what about food?"

- "so, it's not romantic... But I made you lasagna because it's ..."

- "my favorite food"

- "for this reason. And a tiramisù for dessert and as an appetizer I went to a little Italian store to get some antipasti. I took, I took a bottle of Moscato d'Asti".

- "no alcohol."

-"Maya, I think if there's anyone I can have a drink with it's you, and it's just for your birthday. I don't plan on getting drunk. There's enough for two drinks max each."

- "no Carina, we don't need it"

- "I don't need it. I want to because I want to enjoy this evening with you. I'm not an alcoholic, I've been on two benders in my life".

-"I know you're not an alcoholic. I'm just saying I don't want you to force yourself to..."

-"I don't force myself, I want to".

- "in that case, do you want me to open the bottle?"

- "with pleasure"

The blonde had served two flutes and they had gone to sit on Carina's balcony.

- "are you going to put up with the Seattle weather?"

-"I put up with it for a year. And then, you know ... When I get cold... You'll be there to warm me up."