chapter 34

They had eaten some toast while talking before Maya got up to go and heat up the meal...

---

She was from the back and had not heard the brunette coming behind. She had just felt two arms around her waist and her heart went into extrasystole.

- "sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, what are we eating?"

- "I, I made a homemade vegetable garden and, and rump steak slabs."

- "you cooked?" She asked surprised. Maya had not shown her cooking skills in the past month.

- "I, I cook now."

-"If you are trying to seduce me, you should know that it is already done, Maya... You didn't have to go to all this trouble."

- "it's not every day that you have..." The brunette had lifted her head from your trapeze and stretched her neck to look at her, "seventeen..."

- "you would have burned it all up if you had done that to me back then"

- "I had a very good teacher to learn how to cut vegetables... I never forgot her technique".

- "I had a very good teacher to use my tongue... I hope I haven't forgotten her technique either"
Maya had swallowed and made a wrong turn.
"I'm sorry I didn't want you to choke!" Did she as she withdrew her hands and stepped back. "I knew it! I don't know how to flirt anymore!"

Maya had turned around with a jerk.

- "On the contrary... It's because you know how to flirt a little too well, that I almost choked."

- "anyway, I shouldn't try to flirt with you, it's not fair to you"

-"I think I would be offended if you didn't flirt with me".

- "no, I'm just hurting you and I don't know when I'll be ready so I'm just... Give you hope. It's not right of me"

Maya had come to rest her hands on the Italian's hips.

-"Carina, I haven't felt this alive... Good, than since the last month and for a long time... I want you to flirt with me, I want to wait until you are ready... I want you, no matter how long it takes"

- "you have the right to say alive... I don't need you to weigh your words every time you open your mouth... I mean, I think there are some... Phrases that can hurt me, but you have the right to say alive"

Maya had placed her hands on Carina's cheeks and her forehead against hers.

-"For thirteen years I've dreamed of holding you in my arms, of touching you, your face, your hands... That I want to look into your eyes... The most beautiful eyes in the world... After mine, I suppose, if I listen to you..."

- "after yours and Charlie's"

- "my greatest regret in life will be not to have known him"

Two tears had left Carina's eyes and Maya had come to kiss them.
Her lips had then come to kiss her carotid artery, where her pulse could pulse against her lips.

"I love you" Maya whispered against her skin.

-"I love you" Carina replied once she had pulled her face up, looking into her eyes and running her thumb over her lips.

- "Do you want to eat?" Asked the blonde in a low voice.

- "yes"

She had come to kiss the Italian on the cheek before returning to finish the meal.

Carina had gone to get Maya's phone and searched for a song, she had turned up the sound and once back in the kitchen she had started Falling For You by Jem and put her hands back around her waist as she cooked.