chapter 50

The Italian was not any more there vision which she had in front of the eyes, this vision, beautiful, marvellous, loving and benevolent, in love, had been replaced by the red face of anger of her father, whose blue eyes as hers, but injected of blood, was fixing her without even blinking while shouting at her. She couldn't hear anything anymore, she was just on the ground, scared as ever.

---

-"Are you kidding me?! How long has this charade been going on?! You've got to be kidding me Maya! And you sleep in the same room too! How long have you two been together, if that's what you are?! I don't believe this! I didn't raise a dyke! You're embarrassing me! And aren't you afraid of the image you're sending out?!"

- "You're the only one who's bothered by it!!!" Carina had shouted at him. "I forbid you to speak to her like that!"

He had turned around, looking even blacker.

- "Who are you to tell me how to talk to my daughter?! You are nobody!"

Katherine, Mason and Maya's friends had all come down behind the Italian, but no one was saying anything.

- "You don't talk to Carina like that!" The blonde had gotten up and was standing behind her father with clenched fists.

He had turned around again, this time to his daughter.

"You talk to me any way you want, but you don't have to raise your voice at Carina!"

The last thing Maya had seen, had felt, was the backhand of Lane's hand come crashing down on her cheek.

Carina had immediately jumped on her girlfriend's father's back and started pounding him with her fist against his shoulder.

-"I forbid you to touch her!" Had shouted the Italian.

Of a gesture of controlled shoulder it had sent waltzing the brunette on the ground and the coach and the buddies of Maya had interposed themselves.

-"Mr. Bishop, I'm going to ask you to leave the school."

Katherine on her side had taken Mason in her arms and she had placed the head of the young man against her chest, hiding his eyes, the hand on his ear, since they had arrived downstairs.

-"You're nobody here! You don't have to give me orders!"

- "I'm a teacher here and you're in a high school, would you rather I call the police?!"

- "Maya you get up let's go!!!" said Lane to her daughter who had gone to pick up her lover, who was still on the ground.

Katherine had come down the stairs.

- "no, she's not going with you"

-"You take care of the artist! Maya is my daughter..."

- "and she's mine too! And she's not coming home with us. Not tonight, not with you like this! Now, if you don't want to lose your family here and tonight, let's go. All three of us, with Mason.
But never again! Listen to me, Lane, that was the first and last time you ever laid a hand on one of my children!"

His mouth was agape, of course he knew Katherine could be a protective mother, but he never imagined she would dare threaten to leave him or even look back at him like that, publicly or otherwise.