chapter 9

- "I actually called her Carina"

---

- "oh!"

- "yes oh!"

- "and why did you name her Carina?"

- "probably because of what you told me before I left the room."

- "I said what?" She knew very well what she had said, but didn't want to admit it.

- "I should have known you wouldn't remember. You were half asleep... You told me we could have sex if it made me stay in the room with you."

- "and is that something you want?" Carina asked as she took a step closer.

- "Carina you know you are a very beautiful woman"

- "I feel bad... Because of me you could not ... Have fun... Let's make a deal, if you win, well I won't replace the night you lost because of me but, how about giving me my first queer kiss? To make up for it" she didn't blame herself at all. She was even happy to know that Maya had not slept with Charlotte.

-"I'm not going to kiss you just because I win a race."

-"It's too bad, this could have been our thing... Like a second first prize."

- "you need a guy that bad?"

- "I love kissing, it's one of my favorite things about being in a relationship, and then I think I'm a student away from home, don't you have to try all kinds of things when you're studying? Like this is the time to let loose, not when my life is boring and I'm forty?"

- "they say that about college, not high school"

- "for me it's kind of like college... Everything is new... afterwards if you don't feel like it, I understand, but I thought it would have been nice for my kiss with a person of the same sex, to test things, that it was with a person I really like, and not a random Charlotte... And besides I would be forgiven, I grant you it's not sex but ..."

- "I think a kiss from you is at least as good as sex with her"

Carina had laughed at Maya's sentence.

- "you see you're funny. so do we have a deal?"

-"I'm going to run this errand now, and we'll figure out the rest later."

- "think about it"

- "i really shouldn't"

- "and why is that?"

- "it would break my concentration"

Carina had smiled with her little smile and Charlotte had not missed anything of the scene. Even if she couldn't hear the discussion of the two girls at this distance, the body language didn't deceive her.

-"Knowing that you already beat her yesterday... Why do you have to run against her again?"

- "the first eight times of yesterday have to race again to define the ranking"

- "but you came in first in both your races yesterday."

- "yeah I know, but since there were several races, we all have to be together... Like all the best".

- "but last night on the board it was written that you had the best time of the day"

- "yes"

- "so it's good you're first".

- "what if I finish last today?"

- "impossibile! You're like Superman or the Flash".

- "am I that fast?"