chapter 68

On February 15, Carina had made a point of taking Maya to the London Dungeon, the London Museum of Torture.

However, they had started by going to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace at ten-forty-five. The show lasted about forty-five minutes and they arrived around noon for the one and a half hour visit to the famous torture museum.

On the way out they went to Sartori's to get something to eat.

-"It's nice here".

- "I... I like this restaurant a lot" Carina answered hesitantly.

- "what's amore?"

- "hum-" the Italian had cleared her throat.

- "don't tell me this is... Like this is where Charles proposed to you? Or that you had your reception here..."

- "noon! No! I promise not!"

- "what is it then?!"

- "I just remembered that this is the last restaurant I did with Thomas... You, you were in London and... Well, it was after your medal, when we met again... I mean... After, during, just before... Just before you received it, at lunch, we came to eat there... And you, you were on television... But I was with him and I thought of you, you were a knockout... As always... And we had sex... You and I, not him ... And I remember you saying that running was your great love... And I told Tom that you had a thing..." She had taken Maya's hand from the table. "It was so hard to talk about you like I wasn't madly in love... Pretending I hadn't spent the night in your arms... I think I forgot, that it was here, we were sitting there on the terrace" she added pointing to a table on the inner terrace.

-"Were you thinking about me?" Asked Maya biting her lip.

- "only you"

- "and so, what do you advise me to eat?"

- "una Siciliana" answered Carina with a huge smile.

Maya smiled back at her and blushed as she lowered her head.

"It's a pizza."

The blonde had raised her head, embarrassed.

- "oh, I, uh I thought you, I mean you were talking about yourself."

- "I'm teasing you... I mean, it's almost a pizza... But I was talking about me. But do you want pizza or pasta?"

- "hummm-"

- "I know... How about a Diavola, a pizza with chorizo, and Tortelloni Ricotta e Spinaci con Pomodorini e Bufala, and we share?"

- "I don't know what it is but everything sounds good in your mouth. If I didn't understand a little bit of what you were saying and we weren't in a restaurant.... I would have thought you were making me an indescent proposal."

- "everything sounds... Good... In my mouth, bambina?" Asked the Italian, putting the tip of her fork between her teeth and raising an eyebrow. "You have no idea, how much... Good... Is not powerful enough... You know how much I love... Putting..." She had licked her lips. "Some... Things... In my mouth."

- "Carinaaa!" Maya made big eyes before gritting her teeth for the next part, "we're at the restaurant."

- "that's not really how you... Said, my name when I had... My mouth... Busy eating-"

- "hello, my name is Alisha, I will be your waitress today, have you made your choice?"

- "yes, absolutely. There will be two spritz with a plate of... Charcuterie. Then a plate of Tortelloni Ricotta e Spinaci con Pomodorini e Bufala, e una pizza Diavola. Grazie"