Chapter 47 The Ordeal

Maricella was a bit surprised seeing they are not just the only ones that are present in the office room. One old Lady was sitting on the chair in front of King Theo's desk office and one older man was standing near a big window, with a thick fabric preventing the light from the outside. They all stared at us once we entered the room.
The old lady was the first to greet her.
" Good afternoon Princess. How are you feeling today?." She walks the distance between them and her left hand automatically shields her stomach while her other one is in a fighting stance in case the woman tries to harm her. Even though she can see through the old lady's eyes that she doesn't mean any harm, Maricella can't just let her guard down Seeing how she reacts, the woman quickly stops on track. There's a sheer astonishment in the woman's eyes not knowing how to approach her
" Please forgive me, Princess. I don't mean any harm. My name is Petula,
high priestess of the gray wolf. I came here to help you and Lord Theo, please allow me to hold your hand." She pleads like holding  Maricella's hand will solve everything.
" How do I know if you're not here to harm my child and me." She speaks while eyeing everyone in the room. She didn't mind nor want to hide that she was with a child. Maybe they already knew it from that Godly King who was seated in his office chair with a face void of any emotion. Petula continued walking which made her step back.
Maricella's eyes glanced to the side where Martha stood. She felt a firm hand holding both of her shoulders. Confused, she stared at the Oracle with a questioning look. She saw Martha has this knowing look telling her to let the priestess hold her hand. She wasn't convinced so she turned her head on both sides, still cautious not letting her guard down. She whispers to her." How could you know if she won't hurt me?"
"Trust me. I can see our freedom after this." Martha's eyes are glimmering with hope.
Maricella was still hesitant, not sure of what she would do, but hearing the word freedom sounds pleasant to her ears. She closed her eyes for a few seconds trying to feel the innate aura of everyone in the room. She doesn't sense a murderous intent so she finally made a decision. She nodded her head to the lady named Petula and stopped herself from stepping back. She waited for the Priestess to come closer, and when she was just right in front of her she lifts her right hand letting the woman touch her. Petula smiled, reassuring her the priestess grasp her hand and envelop it with hers. Closing her eyes, she chanted an ancient prayer that was so foreign to Maricella's ears. It felt like a dejavú remembering when Martha did the same and predicted her future. She felt a cold chill run down her body as the priestess's power seethes from her palm. She can feel Petula's power running in every fiber of her body.
After a few seconds, she let go of Maricella's hand and led her to the double-seater couch.  She thanked the woman relieved that she could sit. She felt a little dizzy from what the priestess did. The soft leather couch helped to soothe her tense muscles and bring back her steady heart's rhythm.
" Are you feeling much better, Princess? " Petula observes her movement and after a few seconds, she looks satisfied.
" Yes, a bit, so what will happen now? " Maricella asked her, wondering how a touch can help them with this problem. The High Priestess smiled, reassuring her that everything is going to be okay. Then she glanced at that Godly King who was thoughtfully staring at Maricella from his office desk. Meeting his eyes, she felt a chill run down her body. She scolded herself for being affected by a small stare coming from him.
Damn pulled!
" Well,?" The Priestess's voice breaks our eye contact. Staring back at her, She saw the woman give her a curt smile before continuing.
" Princess, I am aware that Lord Theo was not your real mate." She said, glancing back to that Godly King before meeting my gaze again.
" And I know very well the family of King Damien, your real mates' father. I am a close friend of queen Sophia. Please forgive me, princess Maricella. I am the reason why you are here, far away from your loved ones." She tried to hold Maricella's hands, but  she flinch away, not wanting the priestess to touch her again
The woman didn't try to touch her again and gave her an understanding look.
" I was summoned by Lord Theo to help him figure out a solution to his problem and I didn't hesitate to help him know it's for the benefit of all vampires. Just like you, I am a Hybrid, half-wolf, and half-vampire. I inherited the vision to see the future, and I saw you. You were destined to be here whether you like it or not."  Her last words made Maricella glare daggers at her.
" Even if I am destined to be here, that doesn't mean you guys have the right to hurt my love once and force me to be marked and unbonded with my real mate!
Do you guys know how I feel about it?! It felt like I died over and over again!
You guys can approach me and ask for my help even if my mate won't agree for the sake of my love once I will do it, and I know he will understand!
Now, can you please get to the point because I'm growing impatient from your talking!" She spat at her, earning a gasp from Martha, who was standing near the couch where Maricella is sitting. Without a care, she stared back at the Priestess whose name is Petula. Petula didn't waver at her venomous words and she seems unaffected by her rude way of talking. Instead, she gave Maricella an understanding smile acknowledging her pain and suffering.
" Forgive me, princess. I only want to tell you everything. Now going back to what I'm saying  dear princess, need to complete the mate bond so Lord Theo can walk finally in broad daylight."
"What?! you gotta be kidding me?!" She stood up in disbelief. Shock overwhelms her whole body as. She searches the priestess's face for any hint that she's just making it all but there's none. Helpless, Maricella felt her knees wobble, making her fall back to the couch.
" Now, I know it's too much for you to take in, but it's the only way. If you do this, Lord Theo promised to bring you back to your loved ones. If you don't. You will be kept in here till eternity." She said lastly before standing up.
Maricella's body is stiff; she can sense blood rushing up to her head.
She hates them all!
Who are they to imprison her here?! Who do they think they are for making her feel hopeless and have no choice?!.
" I'll head up first, now it's your turn to make a deal with Princess Lord Theo, I hope you make the right decision. The gray wolf King if he woke up would be not so happy about the disarray old the Mythical Realm, The family of Blue blood fairy, and The King of Unknown Creature wants you to know that they hated bringing back the past. The alliance between the earthy world and our world must not be thrown away only for your selfish reason." She said meaningfully before leaving the room together with the old man who was standing before near the window.
Hearing the click sound of the door being closed.
Maricella saw the Godly king standing and sitting next to her on the couch. She felt uncomfortable with his presence just a few inches away from her.
She moved to the side till she felt there was no place to move. She started to panic but luckily Martha's hand pressed her shoulder letting her know that she was not alone.