Chapter- 3 The Day

But now that I see the table I felt like it would be my last time having a meal like this with them. The scene makes me teary but I bite my inside cheeks to prevent myself from crying. I definitely gonna miss both of them when I start studying in Trust Academy. Today is the day Faith Academy exchange students with Academy Trust and I will be staying in their dormitory for a year. Only during semester break the students are allowed to  go home and visit their parents.
Which sucks!
I mean I really don't want to part ways with them this early but rules should be followed and I'm just a mere vampire who can't be above the rules.
The academy is about 5 hours drive from the city.
I got this odd feeling that my  trip there won't be as pleasant as anybody else would expect but I pushed it aside.
" Honey,sit here." My mom motioned for me to sit down while she started serving a plate with my favorite human food.
"We haven't had breakfast together for a very long time. I'm happy that dad spared some of his precious time so we can have a family meal like this." I can hear the sadness in my mom's voice that she's trying to hide with her smile.
I sat next to my Dad. Staring at him, he's always been the quiet type of person.
" Happy birthday My lovely princess." He said, patting my head and smiling. Then he handed me a box. A smile bloomed in my face not because of the gift but because I like hearing Dad calling me a princess. I think it's every girl's dream to be called and treated by your Dad as his precious princess.
"Thanks dad."I said to him, I took the box and opened it.
My eyes widened, It's a new phone! I still have my old phone but I bet it won't be working so well in the forests and mountains. Grateful, I stood up and gave them both a hugged  and a kissed in the cheeks.
" Thanks Mom and Dad, I will use this carefully." I told them before going  back to my seat.
"We decided to buy the latest model so we can reach you whenever we miss you, right Dad?." My Dad nodded agreeing with what my mom said.
"Yes my Love,it's true" he responded.
They both stared at me with a smile on their face but deep inside I could see the sadness hidden in their eyes. I grinned at them and changed the topic.
After breakfast, me and my mom went back to my room , she helped me pack my things. Within an hour I heard the bus stop in front  of our house , it's time to go.
Mom and Dad hugged me as we parted ways.
While I was on the bus I took my phone out and typed a message to them.
"Mom, Dad, I love you.Don't worry about me, please take good care of each other.
I will see you in the semester break.
Hug and kisses
Maricella."

The journey to Academy Trust is so long that I decided to take a nap since I haven't slept much last night.
I took my MP3  out of my backpack and played my favorite piano music.
The soothing sound was like a lullaby lulling me to sleep.
Slowly I drifted away.
One hour later.
I wake up feeling my head is heavy, I can feel the cold sweat coming out of my skin. I can sense that someone is staring at me. I glanced around and was met with a pair of jet black orbs. Its so weird and unreal! I couldn't look away, those pairs of eyes were forcing me to stare back at it.
"Who are you?" I wanted to ask but I couldn't open my mouth to say anything.
What's going on? Wait? Is this a dream? I asked myself.
I breathed in when I saw the mist surrounding it is slowly moving to my direction
My heart starts to beat faster. Panic and curiosity run deep in my veins.
I'm scared but I'm also curious who it was.
I tried to speak again but no words came out of my mouth.
Those jet black eyes were only a few inches apart from me. I tried to get up but then someone patted my shoulder, in that instance I woke up!
The mysterious eyes and the mist surrounding it was gone.
It was just a dream!
"Hey is everything alright with you?" A concerned guy asked me.
I didn't know someone took the seat next to me while I'm asleep.
Damn it! I must be real in a deep sleep.
"Oh,I'm sorry to bother you but I heard you make a sound as if you're having a bad dream that's why I patted you on the shoulder." He said defensively, Guessing from the way he said it, he must be thinking I was offended by his gesture.
I forced a smile and replied back.
"I'm fine thank you."
He examines me thoroughly to ensure I'm telling the truth and based on his expression, he is not satisfied with my answer..
" Are you sure ?" He asked, sounding genuinely concerned.
" Yes I'm fine, I had a bad dream, I was tired before I slept."I added hoping it will reassure him. He looked amused  from what I've said.
Who won't be?! Normal vampires don't have bad dreams unless it's connected to someone they loved, it's like telekinesis.
Dreams and thoughts can travel to the ones you love.
But wait a minute I don't have one?
Oh Well, I guess I'm just tired. That's why I have a heavy dream,normal humans have that too.
Oops! my bad, I forgot,
I became immortal today.
Well, Iguess it's a part of me not being a fully fledged vampire.My strand of thoughts went flying off when the guy next to me spoke again.
"By the way I'm William Jones." With a genuine smile etched on his face  he offered  his hand. I stared at it for a brief second before  finally i decided to accept it.
"Hi, William, I'm Maricella Moriz , it's nice to meet you "I smiled back and shook his hand.
" Cool! You have a very lovely name Maricella, by the way I'm studying  pharmacologist, how about you?" He asked cheerfully.                                                                                                      
"I'm studying a Bachelor of Science in History," I replied back in a cheerful tone.                                    
"Wow you're a geek, is it a major in World History? "He was very interested in our conversation.
"Yes it is, how about you? What does Pharmacology mean?"                       
I saw his eyes sparkled with excitement when I asked about his course.
He sat up straight facing me and cleared his throat before explaining it.
"I am studying the uses, effects and modes of action of drugs. It's more like  we are the one responsible for producing knowledge about medicines" he proudly said. Looking at him I guessed,my journey to Academy Trust won't be boring at all, besides he seems harmless, I can give it a try.