Chapter 40 Captured Once Again

The first thing that Maricella did is scream in horror after waking up. She was unstable and in hysterical mode. It was then that she felt an arm wrapped around her hugging her shoulders. Then she heard a soft female voice, whispering kind words to make her relax. There's a hand rubbing her back gently back and forth that helps ease her tense body. Maricella felt her once rigid and shivering body slowly relaxed. When her brain started to function again, it was then that she saw who was the one comforting her. She was surprised to see Martha. She felt depressed, seeing it was not her confused mind wishing her husband was there. That everything that happens is just another lousy dream, but seeing Martha next to her only reminds Maricella that her nightmare is real. When she pulled out her hug, she noticed that she was in a different room. Confused about where she is, She looked up at Martha to meet her gaze. Upon seeing the Oracle, she was surprised that Martha seemed weak and pale. The woman looked like she hadn't gotten a night of good sleep for a few days. Her eyes have dark rims around them, and she looks so skinny.
" I'm glad that you are finally awake. My apologies I didn't foresee any of this from before " Martha looked teary with a solemn voice. She felt instantly guilty for judging her back in the cathedral.

" So, everything is real? All those tragic scenes from the cathedral were not just a dream?" She wanted to confirm it even though she knows deep in her heart the truth. When she saw Martha nod her head in affirmation, tears started to brim in her eyes.

"So you mean, that damn stranger bit me and claims me as his?! And now I am no longer bonded to my real mate?" Her lips quivered as she spoke. Martha gave her another nod, and Maricella's mind is slowly losing its sanity. She knew the answer, but she couldn't grasp the truth.

She can't accept this!

Her feelings are unexplainable like her world is a broken piece of glass. She felt like she died inside. Why is this happening to her?! What wrong did she do to deserve this kind of faith?! Knowing she no longer bonded to Dalton made her feel like her heart halted from beating. She couldn't live anymore knowing that she will never feel those warm bonds between her and Dalton.

" No! It can't be real!" She screamed, grabbing Martha's skinny arms.

"Tell me, Martha. This isn't real, right?! Please wake me up! I beg of you?! I can't accept this!" Martha remained quiet and said nothing to her. Instead, the oracle hugs her in a way of consoling her and, at the same time not denying that everything is real. She cried so much mourning this tragedy until no more tears were coming out of her eyes. Then Maricella stops out of the blue. She remembered her unborn child. She quickly held her stomach feeling the baby's heartbeat.
It's still alive!
It cheered her up a bit. There was a glimmer of hope that came back into her soulless eyes. She's beyond thankful that nothing wrong happened to her child. Now she has to force herself to be strong for the sake of her baby. That damn stranger may have marked her body but not her heart. It will always belong to her one true love, and that's Dalton. It's like she finally regains her sensibility—adrenaline surge in her body.

"Martha, please tell me what's happening. Why does he need me? Why did he bite me and suck my blood? I'm just like him, and vampires can't consume a vampire's blood. We need vital human fluid to feed and regain strength. I don't understand how on earth he can do it! How can he still be alive?! Everything that is happening in my life now doesn't ring a bell in my head at all?! Please help me understand everything?!" She pleaded to Martha, but instead of answering her, Martha shushed her and gently pushed her to lie down and sleep to regain more energy, but that wasn't the answer she wanted to hear. Anger filled her heart, and desperation was seeping into it. Without giving it a second thought, she quickly gripped Martha's hand and heard a bone snap. The Oracle screamed in pain which gave her a shock. She only gripped Martha's hand, and she knew it wasn't that's strong enough to disable her. She instantly loosen her grasp, but she was stunned to see that she broke Martha's hand.
" Ohh my gosh?! I'm so sorry! How did I do that?!" She asked very much, confused about what was happening to her. She tried to touch Martha, but the oracle quickly moved away and panicked and rushed through her body. She wanted to contact Martha, but she stopped her.
" Please, stay." The oracle's eyes are filled with fear. Maricella felt guilty about it, but she can't understand everything if no one will make her know her real situation.
" Just don't do anything," Martha continued talking while keeping a safe distance between them.
"Maricella listened to me the moment Lord Theo marked you, he somehow channeled some of his power to you. That only means you become ten times stronger than a regular vampire. So you have to try to be more careful of what you do," Martha explained to her.
" What?! Ohh gosh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you Martha, please help me. I'm so confused about everything." She pleaded to her, not wanting to lose the only person who can explain what changes in her.
" I know, I promised I would explain everything that I learned after they abduct us. But please calm down and don't try to do anything, ok?!" She can sense that Martha wanted assurance of her safety. It gives her a grave feeling, but still, she nods her head. She promised not to touch the Oracle or do anything drastically that can harm Martha. Even Maricella is afraid of herself and to what extent her new gain power is capable. All she knows is that she feels different the moment she wakes up. She saw Martha walk back and sit in the chair next to the bed where she was sitting.