Chapter 48 part 2

" I know you hated me so much." He said watching Maricella's every move.
" I'm glad you're not so thick skin as you look." She mock testing the water.
" I'm sorry." He muttered out of the blue which almost made her mouth agape. She stared bewildered at what just came out of his mouth. Did he just say I'm sorry to her?! She was momentarily shocked but she quickly composed herself ready to spill all that was bottled up in her heart.
" Your sorry won't bring back what I lost and what I'd been suffering." She gruffs at him. Huh! Does he think it's that easy to be able to forgive what he just did?! He won't catch her with those sad gray orbs of him. It will take more than a sorry to forget what he did to her family and Dalton.
" I am well aware of my mistake so let's make a deal." He offered afterward.
" Huh! Do you think I would easily buy that?! I'm not stupid! I know that if I mark you we will be inseparable. Then what?! I'm not gonna let myself stuck in here!
If I can't be with my real mate." Maricella emphasizes the last word she said to him.
" I'd rather die than be with you?!." She said unflinchingly at him which made his eyes glisten as anger flickered on them. In one moment she was out of Martha's grip. Everything went so fast that in a second she saw blurry things like they were running at the speed of light. Maricella is now laying in his bed with him hovering over her. She screamed in horror when she felt his legs parted her legs. She tried to push him away with all the force she had but she can't! His way too strong for her and even if he channeled some of his strength when he marked her, that wasn't enough to overpower him.

" I am trying to be nice and sincere to you but you can't just shut your mouth and slap the mistakes that I made. I'm sorry if I'm not the perfect one in your eyes but neither you are! Either I have to force you to mark me or you will do it yourself I don't care! I know far too well that if you don't do it, there will be a war between your beloved demon world and this earthly world. It is up to you to decide. I gave you and your parents immortality. In return, you give me my freedom to walk in the daylight!" He sneered through gritted teeth. Within a second Maricella felt her body weigh lighter than before. She didn't even know she closed her eyes so when she opened them again King Theo was already out of the bed staring at her. She quickly covered herself pushing the black satin blanket over her head as she curled her body in a ball. Cold chill engulfed her like she was being whipped by it. Tears started to brim down on her cheeks; she hid her face in both of her palms. She did not know what would happen next. She cried until no more tears were coming out of her eyes. After a long hour of silence, she thought he might have left already. Although she felt so weak yet she can't make herself fall asleep thinking he was gone she pulled down the blanket and scanned the surrounding. Maricella was surprised to see his expressive gray eyes still unblinkingly staring back at her with real sadness in his eyes. She was the first one to gaze somewhere else. She still can't stand looking into his eyes.

Somehow today, she felt he was different.

He's letting his guard down making her feel all the hidden emotion in his soulless gray eyes. She watches as he turns his back, sitting at the edge of the bed.
" This morning I tried to walk in the daylight" He paused somewhat waiting for her response but she didn't say anything so he continued.
" At first I thought I wouldn't be burned in the sun but as the light rose above the sky I felt it again. Bringing back so many old memories. The sunlight is like a fire burning my skin down to my bone. I tried to fight it but it's too much that I cowered back in the shadow of this castle." He chuckled pathetically. He turned his back to face her. Maricella felt her heart sink seeing how sad and hollow he looked right now. It's probably the cause of the mate bond but somehow it got into her. It was like deep inside his heart he was looking for somebody to comfort him, longing for someone to love him. He must have been sad and lonely for a very long time.

" Do you know what I felt when I saw what I created together with my fellow friends freely walking in the broad daylight? I felt jealousy seeping through my mind countless times I asked why me?! I created all of you to be immortal like me but why am I the only one left behind still lurking in the darkness ?! Why can't I walk in the daytime?!" Anger was plastered on his face but the agony was so evident in his eyes that Maricella can't help the tears to fall from her eyes again. She can feel how sad and lonely he is right now. She raised her arm and invited him for a hug. Just like a child who needed love from his mother. He moved into the bed and let me engulf him in a hug. There was no malice nor hidden lust; it was just her and him being two immortals that needed to console each other. Maricella starts to realize that everything is all in her hand. She can feel King Theo's mind drifting away. She has to do something and she can't be selfish to think only about her misery. It was indeed a hard thing to decide. She wants to be selfish but she knows it won't bring any good. She can't let a war started because of her and neither will she let so many lives be lost because of this. The fact that she could be with Dalton was enough for her to take the risk. Soon she will be embracing her freedom.